Strategic Purchasing Executive - Engineering/ Mechanical Parts
Opportunity to be a part of global multinational organisation.
Attractive Salary Package.
About Our Client
My client is global MNC who is highly focused in mechanical and engineering related equipments from fabrication of parts to assembly within the manufacturing industry. While the business is looking to expand further, they are currently looking to hire a Strategic Purchasing Executive with past experiences driving strategic sourcing activities for commodities such as mechanical parts, spares, components etc to be based in their Selangor office.
- Coordinate, control and lead respective material category and supplier assigned, in order to achieve best commercial terms and profit benefit from the purchasing volume
- Creation of transparency in suppliers' purchasing volumes, overall cost, development and ramp up plan, contract management and analysis of future demands
- Initiate, develop, coordinate and implement innovative purchasing strategies for suitable material category and supplier. For example, demand bundling, cost reduction initiatives, VMI, etc.
- Initiate and lead negotiation and implementation of relevant purchasing strategies, which include but not limited to price and contractual negotiations to award and signing of contracts
- Active supplier management which include selection, evaluation, handling of any critical or commercial issues and the overall development (from supplier's purchase volume or sales growth perspective), in collaboration with other interface departments
- Identify and conduct risk assessment on supplier's business performance, which include but not limited to insolvency risks, market and country risks; as preventive measure to potential risks to business (damages, delivery failures, etc.)
- Execution of total cost of ownership and cost structure analyses in all tasks and projects
- Supplier performance assessment
- Initiate and lead improvement projects on process, system (SAP or other tools) and planning related topics, besides those related to purchasing strategies
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years' experience in strategic purchasing field, preferably with manufacturing background
- Possess relevant past experience in leading improvement projects within Purchasing functions (process, system, planning & cost related topics)
- Possess knowledge and able to read mechanical drawings & material standards
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience in legal and commercial terms in contracts or agreements will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills - preferably intermediate or advance level in Microsoft Excel, able to present / propose outcome of analysis, based on facts & figures
- Strong communication & negotiation skills, able to speak confidently with people from different levels of company hierarchy both internally (within company & intercompany) and externally (with suppliers).
- Preferably with SAP experience
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be a part of global multinational organisation.
- Attractive Salary Package.