Sourcing & Procurement Manager - SEA, India & Emerging Markets
A great strategic procurement role with an established MNC
A chance to be apart of a global manufacturing company
About Our Client
Our client is a US - based office furniture manufacturer. The company is currently experiencing a growing presence in the APAC region with offices in almost all countries in the region.
Reporting to the Procurement Director based in Shanghai, the candidate will be responsible to manage the sourcing function within Southeast Asia (SEA) supporting SEA, India and other Emerging Markets with a focus on achieving cost, quality, and service targets for sub-regionally sourced components, finished goods and services. Other responsibility includes;
- Manage the Sourcing function for SEA with responsibility for goal setting, budget compliance and, over time, manage the team and resources to support this group;
- Assist the Haworth operating units in effectively importing components and finished goods from SEA;
- Develop SEA sourcing strategies to support the regional and, over time, global sourcing strategies of all Sectors;
- Develop the policies and practices that ensure reliable quality and service performance for the components and finished goods imported from Asia;
- Working with the regional Strategic Sourcing Group out of Shanghai, make final decisions on price negotiation, terms and services provided by SEA sources;
- Identify new SEA sources with strategic buyers, utilize suppliers and buyers to educate product design and marketing groups on SEA sources of new component and/or finished goods concepts to be integrated within products;
- Develop sourcing contingency plans to ensure uninterrupted flow of materials and services;
- Develop alternative suppliers within each component/commodity to leverage value;
- Correct material shortages with minimal disruption and implement corrective actions to avoid repeat of issue by working with materials planning group and suppliers;
- Provide supplier recommendations to the operating units to ensure identified world-class SEA suppliers are considered in new product development projects;
- Work with regional operations, product marketing and finance to determine when to localize and when to regionally source components locally versus continuing to import from Shanghai plant for SEA requirements;
- Manage and ensure the community of all the suppliers to achieve better cost and stronger relationships.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree, major in purchasing/materials logistics/manufacture engineering/product design with preference for the furniture or automotive industry.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in purchasing/manufacturing/quality field.
- In-depth knowledge of how own department operates, as well as industry and competitor practices.
- Frequent travel (30%), occasional overnight travel required within ASEAN countries and India.
- Previous experience negotiating large, multi-million dollar contracts and working experience in multi-cultural and global environment is highly preferred.
- Strong skills in cost reduction through alternative sourcing, negotiation, and commodity hedging.
- Experience in evaluating parts and die design for plastic and die cast parts and past experience in supplier evaluation and development.
- Good communication skills in English and Mandarin is a requisite.
What's on Offer
- The chance to contribute substantially to a strong and thriving business.
- Unsurpassed opportunity to influence at the highest levels in the industry.