- Challenging, fast paced environment
- Be part of a globally recognized organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a public-listed MNC and industry leader in the consumer electronics space. With a strong global presence across numerous countries, their deep-rooted expertise in electronics & technology has propelled them to be a key player within the industry.
They are currently looking for Sourcing Manager to help set up their operations in Malaysia.
- Identify and leverage opportunities and directly negotiate programs to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership across category and/or product line.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers. Maintain and build relationships with critical supply base in region.
- Prepares, distributes and analyses responses to Request for Information, Proposal, Quote (RFI, RFP, RFQ), and Statements of Work (SOW), and service agreements.
- Acts as principle new component/subassembly supply and procurement support to Advanced Development and Engineering for all new product development
- Work closely with engineering and Advanced Development teams to identify, qualify and components from existing and new suppliers both locally and internationally.
- Constantly seeks and identifies opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
- Conducts market research, evaluation and selection of new and current technologies.
- Ability to manage high-value, high-complexity SOWs, RFx's, and contracts with minimal direction.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts and business agreements with suppliers in region
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field.
- At least 10-15 years of purchasing and procurement experience.
- Must be willing to travel
- Strong knowledge of Malaysian supply base in mechanical and electro-mechanical commodities to help identify opportunities for localisation.
- Extensive international procurement experience preferred / domestic and international sourcing.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications.
- Positive and energetic team player with strong cross-functional team experience.
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary package, depending on experience
Opportunity to help set up the Malaysia operations
Conducive work environment that encourages growth, open communication and constant learning & development platforms