Senior Supply & Operations Planner
Attractive Remuneration Package
Career Progression in a Global FMCG Organization
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Food Products Manufacturer with over 100 years in the market. Specialised within the sector, they have grown significantly throughout the years and is well-known constantly improving their products to achieve the highest quality. As one of the leader in the field, our client is committed to creating shared values and giving back to the community.
- Schedule finished goods production for each assigned product group. This schedule is developed using Manugistics Supply recommendations based upon scheduling parameters and system settings the supply planner has developed and maintains in the system to support sales goals, inventory financial targets as well as minimising the age of product when shipped to a customer.
- Communication, coordination, and negotiation required for successful execution of these schedules occurs as appropriate.
- Develop and communicate detailed production schedules for assigned operations to support higher-level master production schedules.
- Provide input and analysis to assist in optimising long-term planning strategy of operations.
Product Supply Coordination
- Coordinate activity that impacts company's ability to maintain constant and sufficient product supply.
- Analyse and evaluate current manufacturing facilities to determine when additional manufacturing capacity is required to support sales demand.
- Maintain and effectively use the PCM process to review items for executional feasibility and risks, communicating potential issues to internal customers in a timely fashion.
- Incorporate into plans and schedules feasibility completed status projects.
- This role also serves as project champion for all assigned intermediate (halb) items.
- Minimise loss due to aged and unsalable product by maintaining sufficient but not excessive inventory of assigned items. When in situations of inadequate product supply, shortages of product are managed through availability checks and replenishment lead-times. These situations are communicated with Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, and other internal customers.
- Manage and control finished goods inventories for assigned items.
- Manage item versions to support the marketing program and/or an even flow through basis across all stock-keeping locations.
- Investigate sudden changes in available inventory in a timely manner to determine the cause and take appropriate actions.
- Identify items to support the surge strategy and communicate build plans with all involved parties using
appropriate system settings.
- Monitor items in surge to ensure efficient flow of product both physically and in the system.
- Inventory availability and supportability issues are communicated to all appropriate areas.
- Accommodate seasonal builds appropriately through the use of system settings and undo settings when the season is over.
- Effectively use the Manu DRP and deployment tools and their settings to efficiently deploy product throughout the network to meet our customer service
The Successful Applicant
- Basic working knowledge of Supply Chain Management Principles
- Minimum 5 years of production planning and inventory management working experience
- Basic Demand creation and understanding of forecasting and statistics financial and operational impacts.
- Strong PC skills including the use of MS Office products (particularly Excel), as well as proficiency in using SAP or a similar ERP package
- Strong mathematical skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to interface with all levels in various departments
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communications (verbal/written) skills
- Self motivated and ability to prioritise multiple activities and manage volatile/changing conditions
What's on Offer
- Career Progression in a Global FMCG Organisation
- Attractive Remuneration Package