- Excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing tech startup
- Business partnering focused
About Our Client
Our client is a digital and technology group which owns an e-commerce platform for lifestyle, travel and daily essentials. They are a data-driven company, and use state-of-the-art data analytics to power the platform. As part of their business expansion strategy, they are currently hiring for a Senior Legal Counsel to represent the group's interests and deal with their subsidiaries.
- Identifying legal risks and alternative strategies in a defined area
- Ensuring documents accurately reflect business and commercial concerns and are consistent with legal obligations
- Proactively monitoring for changes in relevant laws and regulations and caters for those changes accordingly
- Evaluating exposure of business to legal risks and acts to mitigate exposure
- Resolving common legacy and liability issues that may have a legal impact
- Collaborating as part of a team and with both internal and external stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Contributing to the team and future legal initiatives with focus on operational excellence,continuous improvement and driving sustainable culture of change
- Working largely independently but collaboratively within a virtual team to provide cross-support and guidance and needed
- Supporting the day to day challenges across the value chain and all classes of business including its local and foreign subsidiaries.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- At least 8 - 12 years of PQE experience
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with the Personal Data Protection Act
- Candidates coming from a digital / technology / TMT background would be desired
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing tech startup with a fun and vibrant culture. You will have the opportunity to assist with compliance and advise the business from a legal perspective.