Senior Accountant - Japanese Speaking
Opportunity to be part of a pioneer team for a new set up.
Outstanding career progression opportunity.
About Our Client
Our Client is a European Automotive Giant established themselves as a dynamic industry leader focused on premium range of cars, with one of the world's best-known and respectable brands within the industry. They are a listed MNC with market presence for more than 100 years, operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 30,000 people.
Year on year performance growth has seen a need to transform the global finance operation direction, resulted in a decision to set up a value adding shared service centre in Malaysia for efficiency gain purposes. At this juncture, they are looking for dynamic Senior Accountant who can immediately add value across set up strategy, reporting process harmonisation/improvement, analysis, transformation and lifting the presence of Finance across this newly established venture.
Working closely with the project team, regional entities with focus on Japanese operations, and transactional processing centre, the responsibilities for this role within General Accounting and Reporting (GAR) includes:
- Lead and drive migration projects within Finance, communicate and collaborate with other stakeholder to ensure smooth execution of initiatives
- Responsible for financial accounting processes, lead book closing processes and ensure timely reporting for general accounting matters
- Responsible for adherence to Japanese accounting laws and external reporting requirements, preparation of statutory reports, direct and indirect tax reports and other external reports
- Provide advices & guidelines to the organization on GAR queries
- Identify areas for improvement, lead improvement initiatives and process development in areas of responsibilities.
- Practice problem solving skill and having analytical mindset in analysis and reporting process.
- Ensure services performed within the agreed service levels, measure and follow up the quality and efficiency of global processes
The Successful Applicant
This exciting opportunity is suitable for proactive talents with good communication skills and has met the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting and equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience
- Project management experience within Finance or related areas is highly preferred
- SAP experience is a MUST, candidates with SAP implementation/upgrade experience are highly encourage to apply
- MUST be able to speak, read and write Japanese and English
- Experience in a finance shared services environment or value adding regional hub is highly preferred
- Highly energetic with can-do attitude
- Ability to engage people in a project to reach desired results
- Ability to plan and prioritize with a flexible and positive mind set, ability to keep deadlines in a complex environment
- Service minded with questioning mind
- Ability to deal with upcoming situations within the work area, independent in problem solving
- Good knowledge of Local and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- High integrity
- Excellent analytical skills and good holistic view
- Proven understanding of the business, the business strategies and goals along with a financial awareness
- Ability to identify, propose and implement improvements
- Independently drive for results
- Ability to travel
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM6,000 - RM10,000 + other benefits, depending on experience)
- Opportunity to be part of a pioneer finance shared services team and be integral in building the culture.
- Valuable task migration experience to be gained.
- Rotation opportunities for development purposes.