Senior Accountant, General Ledger (RTR)
Attractive remuneration package (RM 4500 - RM 5500 depending on experience)
Opportunity for career progression within the organization
About Our Client
Our Client is a well-known, innovative and expanding organisation. With a renowned collection of award winning developments, several projects underway and a large portfolio of investments across South East Asia, this is the ideal time to join a high-performing team as the Senior Accountant for General Ledger.
This company is a long established multinational leader in the Manufacturing and Production Sector with a reputable client list and a good flow of business that resulted to their company expansion. Our Client is a listed company with an international presence and has an excellent reputation for quality. They work within a friendly dynamic team environment and are committed to the ongoing training and development of their employees.
- Complete month end journals and calculation within timelines
- Provide support and service requests from business globally such as generating reports, in a timely manner
- Perform month-end closing (non-trade/trade related journal entries posting) and relevant tasks
- Maintain general ledger data integrity via balance sheet reconciliation and identify issues, unreconciled and aged items
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Involve in preparing the Profit & Loss as well as the Balance Sheet documents
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Involve in implementing systems and procedures changes
- Involve in ad hoc projects and migration
The Successful Applicant
The ideal individual will possess strong interpersonal skills and must have the following criteria:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience in similar capacity
- Auditors with 2 to 3 years of experience looking for commercial experience is considered for this role as well
- Able to handle financial accounting, taxation/audit, GST, Budget and forecasting
- A people person who enjoy working in teams, and committed to explore new challenges
- A pro-active individual with the ability to work under minimal supervision, mentally prepared to handle stress during financial closing.
- Team player that has an inclusive attitude
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM 4500 - RM 5500 depending on experience)
- Opportunity for career progression within the organization
- Excellent working environment with a chance to work with like-minded individuals
- Ongoing technical and soft skills development
- Opportunity to be involved in project management
- Strategic location - Accessible by LRT