Updated on 16/09/2021
- Steep learning curve with competitive pay
- Significant responsibility and opportunity to learn/grow in different aspects
About Our Client
Our Client is a global MNC established themselves as a dynamic industry leader, with one of the world's best-known and respectable brands within the industry. Their company value is to believe in people and their place in the world of work by continually evolve the concept of work for today and tomorrow.
At this juncture, they are looking for a Senior Accountant who can immediately add value to the team by ensuring the deliverable end to end accounting activities for Australia region.
- Prepare monthly journals, perform month-end closing activities on a timely basis
- Review journals and handling General Ledger and Reporting related queries.
- Responsible for Intercompany transactions, Fixed Asset maintenance, bank reconciliation and inventory reconciliation
- Perform Balance Sheet reconciliation and follow up of open items
- Make consistent and correct financial bookings, incl. accruals and prepayments adherence to the globally defined KPIs (e.g. Runbook usage).
- Prepare consistent, on-time and fully reconciled ledgers (balance sheet and P&L) that fulfils the legal, statutory and Group requirements of the legal entities.
- Assist the local FBPs in conducting an analytical overview of the result which explains and critically assesses variances.
- Ensure efficient processes and controls are in place to verify the accuracy of information and minimize errors whilst also minimizing the time taken to complete month-end reporting.
- Perform the operational tasks per the control requirements under the ICS frame work.
- Follow up and escalate issues with the responsible parties within each entity for the resolution of issues.
- Ensure accounts are fully compliant with IFRS and group finance manual requirements.
- Assist our external/internal auditors during the year end process to review and lodge reported results and associated accounting treatment. Support and resolve any GL related audit topics
- Prepare relevant tax (Corporate Income tax, VAT etc.) returns and assist external tax advisors to review and lodge. Perform group Tax LE and other related tasks as required.
- Identifying, leading and continuously driving process and operational improvement projects
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or MBA and preferably a member of any professional accounting body ( ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA/MIA )
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience within finance function.
- Excellent knowledge of Finance processes and policies and full ability of applying these in daily operations
- Willing to adapt to changes, with positive mind-set
- Familiarity with ERP (SAP preferably) and Reporting (LongView, Hyperion) platforms
- Process improvement and/or Six Sigma experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to develop good relationships with various levels of personnel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Independent forward thinker on process improvement.
- Works well under pressure.
What's on Offer
Why you need to join us!
- Competitive pay.
- Significant responsibility and opportunity to learn/grow in different aspects of the business.
- Work with the smartest and most passionate individuals