Sales Manager - Malaysia
Scope to develop and grow an existing department
Chance to work in a leading welding company globally
About Our Client
Our client is one of the industry leaders in welding products, established for over 100 years, with operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia. A leader in innovative designs, developing and manufacturing some of the world's most high-quality welding products.
- Manage distributor and customer relationships and drive distributor/s and end-user sales in your designated area.
- Actively call on end-user customers to promote total range of company products.
- Drive value selling efforts by introducing unique solutions for customer-specific applications
- Improve sales results and meet challenging sales targets, which include sales budget and margin targets, through value added selling techniques.
- Provide technical advice, service and support to distributors and end-user customers.
- Develop sales plan, manage key customer accounts and drive promotional activities in your area.
- Lead and develop the sales team in Malaysia to sell in a solutions based approach at the end-user level.
- Development should be multi-faceted to include technical as well as soft skill competencies.
- Driving customer service and sales improvement strategies, by leveraging resources in the SEA region.
- Full utilisation of the CRM system as part of the selling tool.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree engineering background is preferred.
- 8-10 years in welding industry or industrial selling role.
- Experience in key segments such as Offshore, Ship Building, or Structural Steel will be highly regarded
- Good presentation skills (written and public speaking)
- Entrepreneurial flair and independent operator
- Good commercial acumen to create and expand revenue generating opportunities
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead.
What's on Offer
- Chance to work in a multi-national organization and be part of an innovative company
- Scope to develop and grow an existing department
- Competitive remuneration package