- Creative, Fun & Great Working Environment
- Great career prospect regionally
About Our Client
Are you looking out for career progression and self-development opportunities? Come and join a professional services MNC which ranked under the world's top five player within the industries.
Our client are Europe based MNC who is looking to expand their business in Asia, they are looking for Revenue Accountant ( Mandarin Speaker) to aid their operation in Malaysia. The direction of the company is to grow their people and provide a steady job environment to those who aspire to grow in their career.
If you are an individual who is ever ready to go beyond and above to provide speedy and accurate response to stakeholders and enjoy develop strong stakeholder relationship , click apply NOW!
- Review customer agreements and other required documents for appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with company policies and revenue recognition standards
- Define billing and revenue plan of specific services orders to ensure correctness, completeness and accuracy in invoicing and revenue booking.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly close processes for revenue related accounts including the preparation of monthly account reconciliations, journal entries and other monthly closing activities within published close timeline.
- Review contract agreements when needed during the negotiation phase and after contract execution to determine appropriate revenue recognition, based on company's revenue recognition policy and IFRS15
- Compile the deal and revenue reporting package for corporate team review.
- Prepare analytical review of revenue-related accounts for reporting purposes
- Collaborate and partner with Geo and Corporate Revenue Recognition teams to ensure desired outcomes per policies as and when needed.
- Coordinate action with Project managers, Project Management Office (PMOs), Sales administration teams to ensure quality & efficiency of billing and revenue accounting.
- Respond to audit request and ensure compliance with regulations (IFRS, legal and tax).
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting compliance with Group and statutory revenue recognition principles
- Ensure internal controls are efficient and operate in respect of Group Compliance policies.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement project (process, system and procedures) by working independently or in a team as required.
- Perform other duties as and when delegated i.e. back up, business process improvement initiatives and ad-hoc projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or Professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in the accounting, finance or related field required, including Billing, Revenue Recognition, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, cash application and collection, General Ledger, Business analysis.
- Experience in application of revenue recognition guidance (ie: IFRS15 or US GAAP experience is preferred)
- Previous experience working in a Finance Shared Service Centre or business process outsourcing engagement preferred. Software company experience is preferred.
- Knowledge, experience and competence in using integrated ERP systems (particularly PeopleSoft) is highly desired and experience with ERP implementations is advantageous.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Fluency in English and Chinese essential and knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Experience working with international business operations advantageous, with ability to work well in a team environment with a wide variety of personnel from multiple disciplines and cultures.
- Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to work independently
- Professional, proactive, meticulous and adaptable team player
- General business acumen to be a trusted advisor is required.
What's on Offer
- Great Working Environment
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Internal Mobility