Retained Assignement - SEA Head of Finance
Well establish business and with expansion mode in APAC regions
Senior management position and finance lead for the country
About Our Client
Our client is a leading player in their niche market with a unique position in the region and a long history of success and growth. Due to this growth, they are moving to a new place in end of Oct and double up their business. Currently they are looking for a solid SEA head of finance to join the business as the most senior finance professional in the organization sit in Malaysia.
Reporting to APAC Head of Finance who is based in Singapore, you will be responsible for the financial controllership of the companies. Moreover, you will develop staff succession and you are one of the key people for ad hoc process improvement and implementation processes. Other responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with commercial, technical and operations department in supporting company's financial operations through strategic business partnership.
- Oversee the operations finance, customer credit management and create annual balance sheets.
- Working closely with APAC management for reporting, financial planning, rolling forecasts and further develop the organizations financial strategy.
- Work closely with external parties, i.e. lawyers, auditors, tax authority and banks to ensure that policies, procedures, standards of performance and compliance are adhered
- You coordinate continuous improvement and further develop internal standards within the area of responsibility
- You provide leadership and guidance as well as training and development for the team
- Making continuous improvement to the reporting processes.
- 20-30% travelling is required on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant
You will come with strong accounting skills, excellent written and verbal communications in English language as well as a professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/CPA etc). Key requirements include:
- Bachelor degree for Finance or Accounting and Ideally around 5-10 years of experience in controlling, finance analysis and business planning in MNC environment.
- Preferable someone from heavy industry background, it can be manufacturing, construction related business etc. (Big 4 a plus)
- min 4 yrs leadership and stakeholders experience in MNC environment.
- Good knowledge in IFRS standard as well as extra knowledge outside than Malaysia local accounting knowledge
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Strong communication skills with business partnering and stakeholder management capability.
- Malaysian citizenship only.
What's on Offer
- Good remuneration package (RM20k to RM30k+ depend on experience)
- A successor planning for APAC Head of Finance
- Opportunity to work with a company that has grown organically and values the people within the business