Regional Financial Controller
About Our Client
Our client has strong presence in the country. Due to the growth of the business, they are currently looking for a Regional Financial Controller that is heavily involved in business controlling, business partnering and stakeholder management activities. Candidate will be working closely with the Regional Finance Director.
As this role is essential to the organization, a strong track record from candidate is needed in terms of delivery and proven experience from this field. Among the responsibilities are as below,
- Implements and adapts the strategic plan for the business unit based on financial implications of business developments.
- Provides input and prepares the annual operation plan for the business (for final approval by the Executive Committee) and directs the execution of activities according to this plan.
- Ensures monitoring of business and financial performance by providing the Business leader with information, financial analyses and proactive advice, in order to ensure that business decisions are based on the correct and accurate information and considerations.
- Directs the planning and execution of transaction processing, to be in line with the overall business and organisation development, aiming for efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Organises and maintains a timely and adequate reporting of consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet, within local accounting rules.
- Responsible for all local taxes and levies imposed by any governmental authority, i.e. VAT/GST reporting in non-principal countries, packaging fee/disposal fee/environmental levies/payroll/sales tax etc) in as far as not specifically handled by Central Tax team.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Regional Financial Controller candidate will be confident in leading from the front and be responsible for the growth of the company and must posses the below requirements;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree or a Professional Qualification (ACCA/CPA/ICAEW/MICPA/CIMA).
- 10 to 13 years of of relevant experience, mainly in controlling.
- Preferably a background in Pharma/FMCG/supply chain/operations area.
- International experience in Commodity and Currency Risk Management (coverage, hedging, commodity futures, options, risk management tools). Commodities experience is essential and could also come from other markets.
- Fluent Communication skills and stakeholder management experience.
- SAP system experience is highly preferred.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading company in Malaysia, you will be offered:
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position with an industry leader.
- Dealing with top stakeholders and influencial people.
- Regional exposure.