Regional EHS Director
Excellent career opportunity with leading chemical company
Strategic and leadership role in Environment, Health & Safety for Asia Pacific
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known and trusted partner in the chemical industry globally. As they continue to invest in resources in Asia Pacific, they are looking for an experienced leader in EHS to lead the function and team to ensure continuous and strategic improvement.
As the Regional Head for EHS, this role would be fully accountable for the full spectrum of the EHS strategies as aligned with global and regional direction for the Asia Pacific region. Leading a team and working closely with all the business functions, you will be responsible to provide consultation, audit, training and strategic direction to drive continuous improvement and to pursue best practices. You will work closely with the local site EHS coordinators on the development and deployment of loss prevention strategies to achieve highly protected risk status monitoring and reporting risk reduction recommendations. You will embed an accident free & safety culture with a commitment to create a workplace free of hazards, and strengthen the EHS structure in the region to ensure faster response to emergencies. You will also be responsible for all EHS training and drive safety practices and standards across the region to cultivate a sustainable EHS mind set and actions to mitigate unnecessary safety risk.
The Successful Applicant
- A recognised university Degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemistry, Science or Operations Management
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in Health & Safety, Production & Environment, ideally gained in the chemical industry
- Thorough knowledge of safety, security, air, water, waste water and hazardous waste compliance and regulations
- Experience in implementing ISO and OHSAS management systems, preferably with auditing experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated capability of influencing change within an organisation
- Analytical, 'hands-on' and self-motivated to succeed and is results oriented
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with an established and progressive global multinational.