R&D Director (Food and Beverage)
Senior leadership position
Dynamic working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a world class brand manufacturing and distributing its unique line of food and beverage products to customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. They hire only the brightest of talent - especially individuals with both a proven record of success in their previous roles and the ability to mobilize diverse teams in meeting key business objectives of the Group
- Lead a team of 30 with 6 direct reports in ensuring continuous innovation and renovation of multiple product categories under the Group by delivering and differentiating new products that meet key quality, creativity, cost, timeline, and commercial viability requirements of the company
- Maintain mandate on reducing input costs whilst maximizing product margins through R&D
- Create and develop new products and rapid prototypes to ensure a sustainable pipeline of marketable food products that appeal to the latest in customer appetites
- Collaborate closely with leaders across functions in commercial, technical, and operations to bring to fruition innovation projects
- Hire, train, and manage the performance and attrition of the research team as well as instill a culture of teamwork and high performance Engage in succession planning by identifying high-potential employees for advancement opportunities in the team
- Any other ad hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary
The Successful Applicant
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Food Sciences or Engineering, higher level qualification or an MBA would be an excellent advantage.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in R&D for the food industry, ideally in beverage, snacks and confectionery. High potential candidates with fewer years of experience but a solid track record will be considered.
- Prior experience managing a team and more importantly, sound leadership skills
- Well-developed capabilities in managing internal and external stakeholder relationships including upper management, government agencies, distributors, and suppliers
- Strong project management, product innovation/renovation, value generation, and commercialization experience in the F&B/FMCG industry
- Flair for creative problem-solving and innovative thinking, coupled with a customer-centric approach and a commercially-driven mind
- Solid market knowledge, a keen sense of the latest trends and developments among competitors within the business and industry
- Ability and willingness to travel within the region for work
What's on Offer
Comprehensive salary package, exciting challenges, global scope to work, first-class training, opportunities for further development within the Group.