Enhance your skills in purchasing
Be part of a well knowned FMCG organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a well known FMCG organization and has gained presence all around the world. Due to expansion plans they are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to be part of their team.
- Manage and coordinate the purchasing team of Malaysia and Singapore on a range of product/service categories in line with the company's purchasing policy.
- Define the best suited supplier portfolio (for a division or a category). Drive changes in the market structure. Input, build and/or challenge category strategies.
- Analyses business needs and challenges demand: Provide the most valuable solution under challenging conditions. Propose optimum solutions: rationalized needs and cost of resources based on VA methodology.
- Optimizes costs: Challenge the cost model. Identify value creation opportunities by using the value chain approach, the supplier ideas and internal resources.
- Develop and implement TCO initiatives. Valorize breakthrough ideas.
* Anticipates business activity and acts proactively: Input business needs or build the category strategy. Animate the network, lead best practices and drive advocacy. Ensure competitiveness and that the strategy is implemented successfully.
- Maximizes Supplier Relationship: Challenge, improve or develop a long term vision of the supplier portfolio strategy. Conduct improvement projects with strategic suppliers. Identify the suppliers bringing innovation.
- Creates value and innovates: Lead strategic projects, onboard and influence people on projects. Propose and implement breakthrough options to increase performance. Adapt communication to stakeholders. Ensure change management is embedded
- Assist buyers with particularly difficult and/or strategic negotiations
- Boost the overall performance of the department by implementing effective procedures, methods and resources
- Validate purchasing budgets, issue general reports and liaise with purchasing and Finance departments.
- Recruit, develop and manage the team; ensure transfer of know-how and expertise and implement organisational changes
The Successful Applicant
- Detailed knowledge of techniques for effective supplier relations and negotiations
- (Technical) expertise regarding the relevant product portfolio
- Awareness of technological innovations and methods
- Ability to communicate, convince and influence
- Solid grasp of financial issues
- Be able to manage the team remotely and have frequent travels if necessary
What's on Offer
- Enhance your skills in Purchasing
- Be part of a well known FMCG organization
- Attractive remuneration package