Project Engineering Senior Manager (Pharma)
Exciting role with a leading manufacturer
Dynamic team with significant growth opportunities
About Our Client
As the first of its kind in the Southeast Asian region, our client is a high-potential manufacturer of specialised pharmaceutical products. The organisation has a vision for significant growth and is currently on the lookout for qualified industry professionals to join the team in Malaysia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, coordinating and implementing all tasks related to mechanical and electrical protocols of the project and reports to project manager, assist in developing a comprehensive workflow process for project
- Responsible for all the engineering support services like fabrication, technical documentation and testing / commissioning along with the Statutory and Factory Inspectorate works.
- Technical coordination with contractor of all disciplines such mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, communication, firefighting, automation and ensure proper coordination and follow-up with the contractor and meeting deadlines for all scheduled milestones
- Review of technical drawings, documents and specification along with the Project Manager
- Planning, directing, supervising and controlling all technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the project.
- Leading continuous improvement efforts and activities.
- Driving risk mitigation (including technical, material supply and skills needed)
- Continually monitor all aspects of project performance to expected/planned measure and take immediate corrective action if necessary to ensure tasks are progressing according to plan and are meeting specifications (design review)
- Coordinating with structural / instrument vendors and internal procurement team to ensure that materials needed for projects are procured and delivered on-time.
- Providing / communicating ongoing project related information to all appropriate related / interested parties
The Successful Applicant
The incumbent must fulfil the below requirements:
- Bachelors of Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical)
- More than 10 years' experience within the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3 years in a US FDA approved facility
- Preferable candidate who has had exposure to erection and commissioning of a pharmaceutical plant
- Ability to handle multiple projects and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams located in various locations
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical thinking and stakeholder management abilities
- A proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast pace environment under minimal supervision
The incumbent should also have experience in:
- Pharmaceutical OSD Formulation equipment - selection, validations, operation and maintenance
- HVAC - design, installation, qualifications, operation and maintenance
- Water systems - design, installation, qualifications, operation and maintenance
- Facility design, installation, qualification - optionally shall have experience of one green or brown field projects
- Capital project handling
- Control system validations
- GMP documentation from projects to maintenance
- Safety requirements
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package (MYR 20,000 - 30,000 per month, depending on experience)