Project Director (Infrastructure)
Working with a well known main con in the industry
High profile project for your resume to standout
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable construction company with decades of proven track record. Having secured multi-billion projects in the last decade, they are aggressively growing their portfolio and is tendering for more mega projects.
Due to the growth as well as the increased complexity of their business landscape, they are currently looking for a Project Director to join their team.
As the Project Director, you will be reporting to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the company's infrastructure project. Among the many responsibilities some are listed below:
- Managing assigned projects and ensure project completion on a timely manner and within the budgeted cost while retaining high quality
- Accountable for full project accounting including operation cost, certification billings, consolidation of revenue, profitability, cost utilization and forecast on financial budgeting.
- Organize, plan, monitor, coordinate and manage all activities at site according to project timeline and requirement and ensure that resources such as manpower and machineries are fully utilized.
- Take part in pre-project planning & development, tendering and securing projects.
- Prepare Award Schedule of sub-contractors/ suppliers and call quotation, negotiation and recommendation leading to award.
- Develop deliverable project schedules as a roadmap for the team
- Make sure that the Quality, Health, Safety Environmental (QHSE) Management System is adhered to at all times.
- Lead the project team in preparation and submission the project progress report (financial & physical progress, HSE reports, Contractors' reports and others) to the Management)
- Build and maintain strong network and relationship with internal and external stakeholders ( Clients, Consultants, Contractors/Sub-Contractors, suppliers and relevant government authorities)
- Ensure all the project implementation are in compliance with local authority's requirement
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Project Director must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Degree/Masters in Civil/Structural Engineering/Construction Management
- At least 20 years of working experience in construction and civil engineering (Preferably Infrastructure Projects)
- Broad technical knowledge and strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical, writing, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills (English, Bahasa Malaysia/Mandarin)
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to manage large teams, organize and prioritize work.
- Only open to Malaysians Candidates
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package.