Procurement Manager - Kuala Lipis (Pahang)
A great managerial position with a growing Gold Mining business in the region
Excellent opportunities for career growth and regional advancement
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-national joint venture company with an Indonesian partner that operates a gold mine in Kuala Lipis.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for direct & indirect procurement of materials. The incumbent will be leading a team of procurement clerks and participate actively in tendering processes and rigorous vendor selection of suppliers across ASEAN countries.
Other key responsibilities:
- New vendor sourcing to challenge existing cost
- Facilitate cross functional communication and administrative requirements.
- To represent SCM in negotiations and discussions with cross functional representatives and external parties with good quantitative and qualitative assessment skills.
- Contribute towards solution providing process with assistance from suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- To facilitate discussions and solution providing with Jakarta Head Office.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have strong negotiation skills and proven track record on driving cost down activities. The candidate must be extremely adaptable to gradual changes and slow processes. Other key requirements are as follow;
- Degree/ Master in business administration or Engineering
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of working experience in purchasing/material planner/supply chain
- Proven hands-on experience in managing procurement, vendor management and commercial issues
- Working experience in a Mining company would be beneficial
- Must be willing to be based in Kuala Lipis, Pahang
What's on Offer
- Lucrative Housing & Transportation allowances are provided.
- Salary above market average