Procurement Manager/ Asst Manager - Packaging
MYR7,500 - MYR10,000 per month (MYR90,000 - MYR120,000)
Autonomy in key decision making for an aggressively growing organization.
Excellent remuneration package.
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in the manufacturing industry.
- Lead the development and execution of a category strategy by working with business stakeholders and global/ regional procurement colleagues.
- To gain a deep understanding of the business requirements, value chain, total costs, risks and opportunities in order to be able to challenge and deliver value improvements.
- Bring knowledge of suppliers and supply market expertise to the business, including identification and development of innovations.
- Lead and seek alignment on sourcing approaches and strategies for specific projects.
- Take responsibility for supplier management, implementing supplier business reviews and other means of driving supplier performance in sustainable, systematic ways.
- Work with business stakeholders for the development and deployment of appropriate supplier performance targets and KPIs.
- Ensure suppliers have the capacity, financial stability, quality & technical capabilities to meet business requirements and put in place supplier development / risk mitigation plans as appropriate.
- Accountable for cost savings and value creation in line with annual targets.
- Whilst functionally reporting through the procurement organization, the Category Manager must work in close collaboration with business stakeholders.
- Challenge sourcing activities, processes and existing practices to identify and implement value engineering and / or operational excellence, process improvement as well as new sourcing opportunities.
- Take initiative and be willing to lead or support improvement projects in the function and business.
The Successful Applicant
- University or College degree.
- 5 - 10 years leadership experience in Procurement or in Procurement systems management.
- Fluent English and any additional language is an advantage.
- SAP knowledge is a must **
- Experience with Procurement tools (Sourcing, Catalogue and Content Management).
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Possesses procurement knowledge within the construction discipline coming from manufacturing/ industrial space.
- Commodity experience: Rigid/ flexible packaging, chemicals, plastics mouldings, resins and etc.
- Familiar with tactical and strategic procurement.
What's on Offer
- Autonomy in key decision making for an aggressively growing organization.
- Excellent remuneration package.