Plantation/Operations Manager - Pineapple (Johor)
Major Malaysian Plantation Conglomerate
Competitive Salary Package including a Company Car
About Our Client
Our client is a local pineapple business that has experienced tremendous growth in their profits over the recent few years. They are interested to hire high-potential talent from the pineapple industry who can play an integral role in their future success.
- Take overall responsibility for the planting, growth, and harvesting of pineapples at the plantation in Central Johor.
- Select or purchase machinery, equipment, and other supplies such as seed, feed, fertilizer, or chemicals.
- Determine types or quantities of crops to be raised, according to factors such as market conditions, federal programs or incentives, or soil conditions.
- Maintain financial, operational, production, or employment records for plantation.
- Direct crop production operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting.
- Evaluate marketing or sales alternatives for company products.
- Prepare budgets or financial reports for all plantation-related operations.
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity or weather conditions.
- Obtain financing necessary for purchases of machinery, land, supplies, etc.
- Hire, train, or supervise workers engaged in planting, cultivating, irrigating, harvesting, or marketing crops.
- Inspect plantation equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Supervise the construction of additional plantation structures, such as buildings, fences, drainage systems, wells, or roads.
The Successful Applicant
- At least a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or the Sciences coupled with minimum 10 years of experience managing a pineapple plantation.
- A background in pineapple planting, harvesting, or cultivating is mandatory.
- Only candidates who are not within retirement age.
- Excellent communications, both verbal and in writing.
- A systematic approach to problem-solving, resourcefulness, and proactiveness in delivering above expectations.
- Proven capabilities in managing a sizable workforce.
- A pragmatic personality with sharp business acumen and strong analytical skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive package including a company car, good work life balance, a family-like meritocratic work environment, and excellent training for professional development.