Plant Manager - Paint/Coating Plant, Bangi
Regional travel and relocation opportunities
First-class training and development programme
About Our Client
Our client is a market-leading MNC in the coatings business looking to grow its production capabilities in Malaysia with new state-of-the-art technologies and a first-class production and engineering team.
- Oversee all Laboratory and Quality functions to ensure the highest standards of quality, efficiency, efficacy, and safety are maintained at all times to deliver on client expectations.
- Ensure 100% compliance to government statutes and regulations through close liaising with the HSE team on relevant ISOs: 9001, 14001, 18001.
- Collaborate effectively with Engineering department to execute preventive and predictive maintenance exercises in order to ensure that production targets can be delivered on time with minimal disruption.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing team as well as chemists in the Lab to closely monitor the progress of customer projects.
- Regulate and endeavor to reduce manufacturing costs through practical implementation of Lean Six-Sigma/LEAN initiatives.
- Train, motivate, retain, and evaluate the performance of underlines on a yearly and day-to-day basis.
The Successful Applicant
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and the Sciences coupled with minimum 10 years of experience in lab, production, or operations management
- Experience managing a highly diverse workforce spread across multiple functions
- Ability to converse well in person and in writing, strong stakeholder management, sound decision-making skills, and excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting abilities
What's on Offer
Comprehensive benefits for self and dependents, a fast-paced and highly diverse work environment, training and development opportunities, and fast-track career progression.