Updated on 26/03/2021
- Excellent remuneration
- Strategic Location
About Our Client
Since their modest beginnings in 1972, in a greenfield site in Ireland, Kerry Group has grown from strength to strength to become a leading player in the global food and beverage industry.
This journey has been one of dynamic growth and strategic acquisition. As an organisation, Kerry Group never stands still and they are clear with their colleagues, customers and stakeholders; who they are, what they do, how they do it, where they are going and why they matter - they call this The Kerry Way.
- Providing true expert knowledge and guidance to the Payroll Section of the Global Business Centre on the future/emerging strategy for payroll service delivery on our journey to become a "Best in Class" Global Payroll Provider.
- Analysing leading practice, market trends and benchmarking to bring innovative thinking to the delivery of the Payroll of the countries under your domain.
- Analysing relevant internal metrics to provide insight in to current and future team performance; adapting and improving the service in an agile and responsive way, aligned to the Kerry GBS framework.
- Manage all outsourced vendor relationships to ensure service delivery is of the highest possible standard.
- Owning the Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan for the continued operation of payrolls in countries under your domain in case of unforeseen emergencies
- Creating and leading a high performing team to achieve KPI/SLA targets and deliver outstanding and compliant operational results.
- Being able to drive talent and performance through setting clear objectives, managing performance and creating opportunities for the team
- Embed a positive compliance and control culture across the team by maintaining regulatory compliance as legislated by local and/or governing bodies and ensuring all controls are documented, applied and stand up to scrutiny by any auditing body, internal or external
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of the Kerry GBS framework and service model, Payroll processes and associated tools and systems and use this knowledge to ensure excellent cross functional working and collaboration with all relevant COEs and partner functions.
- Create and maintain a culture of Continuous Excellence across your team by enabling an environment of continued growth and development, implementing continuous excellence tools and routines and ensuring representation of the Payroll section in Continuous Excellence Pillar groups.
- Lead the simplification and standardisation of ways of working and processes based on industry leading practices.
- Own the relevant process documentation, training material, measures definition, and ensure they are up-to-date and applied by the KBS Payroll Teams across the organization.
- Champion a customer focused, efficient and cost-effective function with quick turnaround through optimal use of technology, automation and lean processes.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven ability to lead the deployment of a payroll service delivery model across multiple geographies
- Proven track record in delivering high quality, compliant Payroll services
- A passion and interest in emerging trends in Payroll services and how this can enhance business performance and customer experience, including opportunities for synergies across regions
- Experience of working in a multi-national and multi-lingual environment, both locally and remotely serviced
- 8+ years experience, Bachelors Degree
What's on Offer
- Kerry Group is passionate about providing consistent, best in class services & solutions
- They believe in recognizing & celebrating one another for a job well done, demonstrating their values, living their purpose and serving their customers, teams and community
- Whether you want to develop new skills or map out the career path you wish to follow, Kerry Group will partner with you to help you grow your own career
- They want their teams to collaborate, get to know one another and enjoy being at work