Be a part of the core management team of a market leader in the industry
Clear career progression within a constantly high-performing team
About Our Client
My client is one of the most internationally recognized conglomerates in the hospitality industry. With an ambitious plan to revitalize and expand their existing portfolio of assets, my client is determined to cement their standing as Malaysia's leading tourism and hospitality player.
- Improve and enhance, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management system and ensure processes are aligned with all legal and related requirements.
- Review and enhance HSE policies, systems and practices, suggesting potential improvements as well as implement new policies and procedures that adhere to corporate requirements and future changes.
- Monitor, review and submit reports to the stakeholders on HSE related data and records that were gathered and maintained.
- Provide sound advice and recommendations with regards to health, safety and welfare regulations, while considering potential long-term implications for the organization.
- Oversee the OSH team and ensure proper compliance to the team's objectives, targets and work standards.
- Ensure workplace safety regulations are constantly reviewed and improved upon; develop and promote appropriate awareness regarding Occupational Health and Hygiene within the organization.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in a Science/Engineering (Environmental/Health/Safety) or in a related discipline.
- 10 years' experience working in OSH, with a proven track record of past successes in a similar role.
- Has prior experience in managing a high-performing team.
- Attended Safety and Health Officer Course organized by NIOSH or any professional body or institutions, registered competent Safety & Health.
- Officer (SHO) with the Occupational Safety & Health Department (DOSH) - must have a valid Green Book.
- Well-versed and compliant with HSE laws such as OSHA 1994, FMA 1967, EQA 1974.
- Possess of relevant Certificates in HSE such as first aid, internal audit or etc. would be an added advantage.
- Independent, resourceful, quick learner with good interpersonal and communication skills.
What's on Offer
- Be a part of the core management team of a market leader in the industry
- Clear career progression within a constantly high-performing team
- Attractive remuneration package