MS SQL Server Database Developer/ Administrator
*Global Leading MNC
*Attractive remuneration package
About Our Client
My client is a market leading IT Solutions Provider based in UK. With their growing demand in APAC, they are currently looking for a SQL Server Developer/Administrator to join their transformation plan. Successful candidate is responsible for data gathering before development of a database. He/She will design, develop, test, implement and maintain new and existing databases. Database developers create management methods and systems to access efficiently to information stored in databases.
- Facilitate Systems Integration
- Develop SQL scripts and SSIS packages that facilitate the backend functionality of core product. Create and maintain data flow diagrams and mapping documents. Modify existing solutions to support changes to business requirements. Examine data and workflows to increase optimization and improve efficiency. Explore opportunities to automate and schedule back-end processes and data transfers.
- Develop Reporting (BI / Dashboard) Solutions
- Write complex SQL Reports to support business needs. Respond to requests for modifications and enhancements to existing reports. Maintain technical documentation and reporting inventory. Support intermittent need for ad hoc reporting.
- Manage Data Migrations
- Perform data analysis to support the transfer of legacy data to new data structures. Define field mappings and data transformation rules. Identify data quality issues and propose solutions.
- Support Software Development Projects
- Provide SQL support to application development team. Work with R&D team to design new SQL Server databases and normalize existing databases.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Systems/Software Engineering or related field or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Skills in MSSQL (preferable), Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL
- Experience with the T-SQL scripting/programming language, including the ability to develop, test, and debug ad-hoc queries, stored procedures, and data migration scripts.
- Experience with Reporting and BI Tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, etc).
- Knowledge of standard data modelling patterns and practices, e.g. Relational and Dimensional models.
- Solid understanding of ETL strategies and design, (staging environments, data transformation, change data capture, slowly changing dimensions, etc), with an eye towards delivering functional and useful solutions in a timely manner.
- Preferable candidate with working experience in IT project implementation.
What's on Offer
- Global Leading MNC
- Attractive remuneration package
- Strong international exposure & progression opportunity