Mineral Laboratory Manager - Ipoh
Opportunity to add value to a growing and highly profitable Global Business
Global travel and relocation privileges
About Our Client
Our client is in the specialty minerals business with an established presence in Asia Pacific and growing operations in Malaysia. They cater to clients in a wide range of businesses and hire only the most well-rounded individuals in the market.
- Ensure and implement strategies for operational efficiencies in the day-to-day management of lab activities.
- Train and supervise a sizable team of lab staff to achieve annual departmental goals.
- Assist with laboratory and systems technology in the lab to ensure efficient workflow across the various teams and functions.
- Process routine benchwork to efficiently and effectively process geological specimens.
- Assist with quality management standards and practices in the lab to ensure the highest level of standards is upheld.
- Maintain client relations to promote and protect the image of the Company.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in the Sciences coupled with minimum 5 years of experience in the relevant field
- In-depth people management experience
- Strong communications and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in laboratory management within the minerals industry would be highly beneficial
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, customer-driven approach to prioritizing workflow, proactiveness in driving new ideas and efforts, and strong implementation skills
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package with comprehensive benefits, autonomy in managing entire department, training and development opportunities, global travel and relocation privileges, a responsive and meritocratic management.