- Excellent career progression
- Opportunity to work for an industry leader
About Our Client
Our client is an American based multinational specialising in automated electronics appliances with global presence for more than 30 years.
- Manage the CTB process with the CM's, ensure that the process is working smoothly and that we have clear visibility on materials over a certain horizon. Work with the CM's and cross teams on all identified material issues (including sub-tier supply chain) until issues are closed/resolved from end to end lifecycle.
- Coordinate and manage production schedule, capacity and delivery schedule from key component suppliers (especially sole source) to ensure material continuity of supply to support CM build plan.
- Develop and execute supplier performance metrics to measure material continuity of supply, buffer stock requirements, excess materials and obsolete materials at CM and sub-tier vendors to drive improvements upstream.
- Identify and mitigate potential material supply risks. Partner with APAC Sourcing and APAC Manufacturing Managers to come up with solutions, risk mitigation and contingency plan. Proactively identify potential supply and delivery issues and promptly resolve capacity, materials supply and delivery issues that could impact the build plan at CMs, and closely collaborate with Sourcing to resolve or minimize any potential impact.
- Co-work with APAC Planning Team to review & provide analysis on the Monthly MRP Forecast vs factory Capacity. Release the Product Forecast Plan to factories and key components suppliers and monitor the status of material plan and supply.
- Oversee strategic material supply situation and communicate allocation recommendation among multiple CMs. Coordinate with CM and key component suppliers on critical material supply issues and liability etc. Allocate critical materials (with supply capacity constraint) between contract manufacturers. On-site check and close monitoring on bottleneck materials to expedite material delivery.
- Provide the real-time demand plan vs materials in inventory and in pipeline to support the Material PO Release. Coordinate with materials supplier, Forwarder and Contract Manufacturers on the logistics flow to allocate and deliver the materials in pipeline to different CMs to ensure safe and just in time delivery. Monitor the effective inventory control, non-production usage and damage etc for ICs.
- Co-work with APAC Mfg Engineering/Planning on each ECN of material/design change, order cancelation and product EOL, and to process the verification & approval on the associated liability for material scraps and reworks.
- Lead communication on NPI materials management, ensure newly added or changed materials are pipelined appropriately and timely, to drive, feed and track materials clear to build (CTB) to support "available PO to promise date" to OPMs, Sales and PdM, and others as needed.
- Ensure material availability and continuity of supply. Work with suppliers to ensure capacity, labor, materials & equipment are ready to support CM ramp-up plan, from engineering builds to mass production.
- Ensure flawless execution from CM and supply chain. Ensure timely release of accurate forecast & PO to sub-tier vendors on time.
- Ensure POs and forecast will be released from CMs to materials vendors and/or distributors at right timing (based on lead time understanding from Sourcing or CM through distributors), in right quantity (based on ramp up plan from OPM with risk buy approval based on BOM maturity), and with right price (based on Sourcing's confirmation between CM and distributors).
- Maintain data reporting, charts, shortage lists, and others reports related to NPI.
- Working with APAC Sourcing to expedite production of parts as required and establish delivery dates as required to meet ramp up plan.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain or any related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in Supply Chain, Material Management, Production Planning and/or Project Management role.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with CM, engineering, sourcing, and manufacturing team.
- Strong knowledge of NPI builds management, manufacturing and supply chain processes and production challenges.
What's on Offer
Opportunities to further develop and nourish your professional skills.