Market Development Manager, SEA - Sustainability Palm Oil
To be part of an international multi stakeholder organisation
To make a difference to People, Planet & Profit
About Our Client
A not-for-profit that unites stakeholders from the 7 sectors of the palm oil industry to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil.
Has developed a set of environmental and social criteria which companies must comply with to minimize the negative impact of palm oil cultivation on the environment and communities in palm oil-producing regions.
Has more than 4,000 members worldwide who represent all links along the palm oil supply chain, who have committed to produce, source and/or use sustainable palm oil certified by the Organization.
- Engage with key stakeholders within palm producing and sourcing counties in ASEAN, primarily potential members and stakeholders that have the ability to drive market transformation. This includes identifying and/or engaging the Organization's Ambassadors.
- Identify key companies in the country, key individuals within companies, non-governmental organisations, and media, and establish relationships with the relevant individuals ensuring these companies recognise their obligations as corporate citizens as well as the business case for sustainable production and consumption, and meaningful community engagement.
- Maintain a knowledge of ASEAN country economic and business trends, specifically as it relates to palm oil industry, to facilitate conversations with stakeholders.
Support in identifying key risk areas to the organization in the country and to handle these issues both proactively - and reactively where necessary - in consultation with the Director of Outreach & Engagement.
Identify and participate in platforms that are strategic to the Organization's mandate, with relevant stakeholders from members, media, corporations etc. This also involves representing the Organization in national initiatives, in consultation with the Director of Outreach & Engagement as and when required
- Support the use of the Organization's Trademark based on in-market conditions; ensure claims are properly used according to guidelines; outreach to consumer goods manufacturers and retailers to utilise the Organization's Trademark
The Successful Applicant
Academic Qualifications & Professional Experience
You should have at least a Bachelors Degree, with a minimum 8 years working experience, with sound experience in sales and / or business development in the ASEAN Region
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently, with a lateral mind that can recognise opportunities
- Advanced analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
- A strong communicator, with strong influencing skills
- Agile and iterative approach to developing business opportunities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
What's on Offer
We believe that the success of a company rests on the expertise of its people. They are the real brains who engineer its evolution into exciting phases of development, who create, strategize and mastermind. It all begins with new ideas and the ability and instincts to bring it to realisation.
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet & Profit is not just a statement but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.