Manager, General Accounting & Reporting - Mandarin Speaker
Great working culture with multinational Shared Services Centre
Excellent opportunity to lead a high performing team
About Our Client
Our Client is a listed Conglomerate Group with an international presence, with a highly diversified portfolio, they have an excellent reputation for dynamics and quality. They work within a friendly-dynamic team environment and are committed to the ongoing training and development of their employees.
As the Group is flourishing and expanding, they are currently recruiting managerial professionals to join their organization. Experienced assistant managers and newly promoted managers (External Auditors) who are looking for their first commercial experience are strongly encouraged to apply in.
You will be leading a few talented junior/senior accountants, and reporting directly to the center director. This role essentially focuses on the following key areas, but not limited to:
- Developing and securing implementation of efficient accounting procedures within the region
- Provide strategic level support to group entities within scope
- Supervise the financial accounting processes, review book closing processes and ensure timely reporting for general accounting matters
- Responsible for adherence to relevant laws and external reporting requirements, preparation of statutory reports, direct and indirect tax reports and other external reports
- Act as point of contact, provide advices & guidelines to the organization on General Accounting and Reporting queries
- Identify areas for improvement, lead improvement initiatives and process development in areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for employee development to ensure that individual and organizational targets are met.
- Ensure services performed within the agreed service levels, measure and follow up the quality and efficiency of global processes
The Successful Applicant
This exciting opportunity is suitable for dynamic talents with great people management skills (stakeholder management and leadership skills) and own the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or is professionally qualified (ACCA/CPA/CIMA/ICAEW/MIA)
- External auditors are highly encouraged to apply in
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience, with at least 2 years of direct leadership experience
- Chinese proficiency (Speak, Read and Write) will be added advantage.
- SAP/Oracle experience will be a plus.
- Energetic team leader with a can-do attitude
- excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Strong analytical skills and broad holistic view
- Adaptive and positive mindset, ability to meet datelines in a complex environment
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (RM7,000 - RM9,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive commercial position in a prestigious Group
- Supportive work environment and great training provided