Logistic Manager - SEA
Opportunity to be part of a renowned organisation
Attractive package offered to the right candidate with many great benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned player within the FMCG industry with presence of a century.
- Oversee all operations with 3PL logistics service providers ensuring that all inbound and outbound activities are completed accurately within established timelines. In addition to that, develop a strategy for continuous improvement.
- Monitor inventory movement and ensuring accuracy and timeline is met for all transactions. Conduct regular inventory reviews with 3PL including yearly stock counts. Work closely with planning team regarding arrangement of aged inventory.
- Manage all projects within the DC and ensure that the output is compliant with the specification while maintain at best cost.
- Oversee all documentations so that it is issued on time and meets the organization and statutory requirements. This includes liaison with the regulatory authorities whenever needed.
- Work closely with cross functional teams in order to optimize the logistics operations to satisfy customer needs and overall business objectives.
- Monitor all customs related activities which includes regular contact with custom brokers and AP QA Team to verify all items meet the standards required for import and sale. Moreover, ensuring that the organization is up to date with the local laws and statutory regulations.
- Plan, forecast and control all logistics related cost (overall P&L) and verify all invoices from vendor.
- Responsible for the yearly budgeting of logistics. Ensure that forecast is shared with logistics service providers and monitor the KPIs and potential capacity constraints.
- Working closely with line manager to prepare the RFQ or contract renewal processes.
- Ensure that all logistics operations are conducted in accordance with statutory requirements and internal procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years experience in leading direct or 3PL operations with management of total cost to deliver, preferably in a MNC with matrix organization
- Minimum 5 years in managerial / supervisory roles
- Competent in WMS, SAP, TMS
- Bachelor's degree in Logistic, Supply Chain or related Business Field. Professional Logistics qualification is beneficial
- Excellent written and speaking English, Malay optional
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi location and cultural organization that includes direct and matrix staff.
- A strategic mindset and has excellent relationship building skills and proven ability to influence organizational change through the delivery of best-in-class industry solutions
- Meticulous, with well-developed organizational and people skills, capable of working routinely to high levels of accuracy
- Able to work under pressure effectively to meet deadlines through and with others
- Thorough understanding of the P&L and how Supply Chain Management can contribute to enhanced customer service, expense control and overall profitability
- Good understanding of product, brand building, internal process and market / customer environment
- Demonstrated financial discipline, rigorous planning and execution skills
- Sound business acumen, can interpret and explain complex statistical information
- Having a global mindset for operations
Leadership & Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to mentor, coach, lead and develop talent in a global multicultural environment in order to build the required capabilities and to attract and retain the best talent.
- Collaborative approach to solving problems creatively
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written at all levels
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to be part of a globally renowned organisation
- Attractive package offered to the right candidate with many great benefits
- Regional position and improve logistic skills