IT Security Specialist
*Attractive remuneration package and benefits (RM 9,000 - RM 11,000 based on ex
*Global Leading MNC
About Our Client
The roles is responsible for all activities concerning managing, implementing, maintaining and administration of the IT Security infrastructure in his/her area of competence. He/She will participate or drive implementation of new services and enhancement projects on global basis as well as support local Service Delivery staff in managing day-to-day issues around the (local) IT security infrastructures.
- Threat hunting - utilization of existing internal and public threat intelligence feeds and proactive investigation of threats and potential risks.
- Security monitoring - day to day monitoring of IT security state based on existing tools and technologies including collaboration with SIEM/SOC Team.
- Incident investigation and response - analysis of the security incidents reported to or identified by IT security. Acting to contain, remediate and solve .
- Continuous measurement of security state and regular reporting through KPI and Security Metrics.
- Cross regional sharing of security best practices and assuring alignment of security controls across regions.
- Proactive proposal of security improvements to CISO/Management.
- Work closely with the other Operations team on the implementation of new IT security infrastructure or on the enhancement of the existing one
- Ensure that security infrastructure implementation are compatible and consistent with the global network infrastructure
- Support projects by ensuring that the underlying IT security infrastructure can deliver adequate performance (upgrades, changes etc)
- Assist/take the lead in assigned strategy and global infrastructure design projects.
- Act as center of expertise on all IT Security Infrastructure issues and single point of contact in his/her region
- Ensuring that implementation of security tool sets to support the business meets security and compliance mandates as the company moves to the cloud
- Manage SLA's and service contracts with external suppliers
- Researching, developing, maintaining and supporting security software tools.
- Investigating security incidents.
- Participating in security risk assessments and working with other teams to remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Trains IT staff and users on new security policies and procedures.
- Educating other company associates on security best practices.
- Recommending security policies.
- Researching external regulatory requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Works with IT teams to assess weaknesses, identify solutions, and develop strong security policies.
- Protects systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Research's new technologies that will effectively protect a network and prevents data loss and service interruptions.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Work with IT teams to manage the lifecycle of both internal and third party certificates
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree with relevant experience or 5 or more years of applied experience.
- Good knowledge on security brand vendor solutions: Checkpoint, F5, ZScaler (a must), Infoblox , Symantec , Qualys.
- Good knowledge of email security concepts and standards: phishing protection, anti-spoofing, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, Data Leakage Prevention, Advanced Threat Prevention
- Preferred working experience with one or more of: cloud web security solutions, cloud access security broker, cloud sandboxing, data leakage prevention
- Preferred candidate should have working experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS solutions (Azure and/or AWS) and security solutions dedicated to protect cloud hosted workloads.
- Preferred candidate should be familiar with market products in the segment of Advanced Threat Prevention and sandboxing. Hands on experience will be an advantage.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package and benefits (RM 9,000 - RM 11,000 based on experience).
- Global Leading MNC
- Strong international exposure & progression opportunity