IT Operations Manager (Data Center)
Well defined career path to the Head position
Competitive remuneration package
About Our Client
The company is the shared services arm of a world renowned Technology Services and Consulting firm and they are looking for an ambitious individual for the IT Operations Manager who will be working hand-in-hand with the Center's Head of IT in managing the data center technology landscape. This person is expected to manage all data center towers including server, network, storage and backup in terms of optimization, transformation and enhancement.
- Define, develop and deliver key results in systems, storage and network. Define the standard operating procedures for all the said domains.
- Oversee a 24x7 team for the following areas: Data center optimization, Storage Transformation, Data protection planning and feasibility, Server optimization strategy planning and design, Platform assessments and migration planning services
- Oversee and manage service level agreement (SLA) for service requests and incidents.
- Manage and provide support for MIM (Major incident management).
- Report and Manage KPI.
- Key accountable person for all critical outages. Drive all critical outages to resolution in the quickest time possible.
- Monitor Major Incident communication and coordination processes, involving all Third-Party Contractors and to the client
- Resolve disputes regarding incident priority through agreement of the parties where possible
- Put in a process to monitor overall ticket volumes and performance and audit ticket quality.
- Drive improvements identification and where possible agree with customer on domain specific for both technical and process.
- Consistently liaise with different towers in business units to share findings, best practices with an intension to improve service management efficiency.
- Coach and mentor the team for improved effectiveness.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be able to speak, read and write effectively in Mandarin and English (both are must)
- More than 10 years of experience in IT data center operations
- Broad technical knowledge in data center technologies, including systems, server, network, storage and/or backup
- Experience in multi-vendor support environment; e.g. Cisco, Checkpoint, EMC, IBM, HP, Netapp.
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure layers, components and their interconnections
- Proficient in continuous improvement activities, ability to drive continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
- Strong customer interaction and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in infrastructure project transitions
- Candidates from manufacturing industry are preferred but not compulsory.
What's on Offer
- Well defined career path to the Head position
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies