IT Applications Engineer - TM
About Our Client
One of the world's leading specialty chemicals companies.
The company's strengths include the balanced spectrum of business activities, end-markets, and regions.
With more than 150 years of competence in chemicals, the company has proven a long track record in the chemical industry.
- Reviews and discusses open incidents to determine who and how the incidents should be handled.
- Reviews recently closed incidents to determine if the incidents could have been handled better. If so, implement corrective action for the future.
- Reviews the status of existing knowledge articles for the relevant process. Follows-up with authors / reviewers as needed in cases where target dates are missed. Proposes additional ideas for knowledge articles and assigns authors, reviewers and target dates. Publicizes the publication of new knowledge articles.
- Identifies areas with high support requirements and proposes ideas for improvement.
- Identifies areas where there is a need for knowledge transfer workshops, to enable the 1st and/or 2nd level support teams to support an existing or new processes and solutions. Help organize and schedule the workshops.
- Analyzes and documents on a monthly basis, the support level provided by the Process Support team and on the publication of knowledge articles for the processes where they are the assigned Process Team Partner. Takes corrective action to ensure that the Process Support team is reaching the established KPIs in terms of support and publication of Knowledge Articles.
- Using the problem management process, assists with identifying the root cause of problems and monitors the progress of the resolution of such problems.
- Provides ad hoc training to end-users on best practice solutions.
The Successful Applicant
Technical Skills Requirements
- Solid understanding of business processes of SAP Logistic Execution and Transportation Management System (TMS) including Shipping, Outbound Delivery, Transportation Execution and Transportation Planning.
- Knowledge on SAP LE and TMS integration with other modules i.e. SD and MM.
- Well versed Master Record (Customer Master, Material Master, Vendor Master) and understanding of order management, freight management
- Picking in Inventory & Warehouse Management and Route Determination
- At least a minimum of 3 - 4 years of work experience in support or functional role.
- Undergone full cycle implementation experience is an added value.
- Cross functional knowledge on Order to cash, Plan to Produce or Purchase to pay is an advantage
- Certified SAP Professional and working experience in S4/HANA environment is a plus.
- Enthusiastic to work on rotation shifts (24/5), ROTA changes on monthly basis
- University degree, preferably in the field IT, Business, Engineering or a comparable education
- Good analytical and learning skills, ability to understand complex situations
- Strong communication skills in both written and speaking.
- A team player, meticulous, able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Service oriented and ability to travel for SAP know how transfer
- Good communications skills both verbal and written in English.
- Proficiency in German and/or Mandarin a plus
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work with one of the world's leading speciality chemicals companies.