Investment Accounting Assistant Manager
Opportunity to be part of a Global Financial Institution
High visibility to regional management team
About Our Client
An exciting opportunity is open!
Join our client, an expanding shared services centre in Malaysia which is well known as one of the most recognizable brands within the industry. As a dynamic and people centric organisation, they believe in hiring the best people to grow in parallel with the organisation. At this juncture, they are looking for individuals who enjoy investment accounting reporting to join their team. In addition, they offer attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate. Don't miss out this amazing opportunity.
* Assist in managing the investment accounting operations to ensure that all investment accounting data are processed and maintained accurately, in a complete manner and on a timely basis.
* Responsible for investment and unit-linked product accounting activities
* Develop, implement, and maintain financial accounting policies and practices for unit-linked products
* Maintain relevant general ledger systems
* Reconcile and report on unit-linked products related ledger accounts, unallocated premium suspense accounts and unit trading activities
* Review daily investment accounting processing in accordance with Business Process Manuals and applicable accounting policies & standards.
* Provide leadership, guidance and support to the Investment Accounting team.
* Attend and respond to investment accounting enquiries from Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders, satisfactorily and in a timely manner.
* Support Group and Local Finance and Investment Operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders as a subject-matter-expert on daily investment accounting matters as well as projects and initiatives.
* Assess, recommend and implement improvements in investment accounting processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency of daily processing
The Successful Applicant
To be considered, you will need 4-7 years+ relevant experience that includes:
* Degree or equivalent in a Finance, Technical, Mathematical Discipline (CIPM/CFA would be an added advantage).
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of investment accounting
* Must be detailed and strong with numbers
* Experience in Investment Management Projects skills would be an added advantage.
* Strong Presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package
- Global MNC Exposure, working with key stakeholders across APAC, EU and US
- Excellent career pathways and personal career growth