- Global Conglomerate (Retail, FMCG, Essential Services)
- Leadership Role in Sustainability
About Our Client
A well-known and reputable global conglomerate (Retail, FMCG in Essential Services) with an established household brand name, and regarded in the industry as a market leader. They are now looking for a high-caliber leader and subject matter expert in the field of Sustainability. With presence across multiple countries, they have successfully built a strong footprint of retail presence both with physical outlets and also on digital e-commerce platforms. As part of their global expansion strategy, sustainability and long term sustainable growth remain key pillars in their group governance, investor relations and overall branding.
Reporting directly to the Group CEO, this role is a critical leadership role to provide strategic directions and coordinate sustainability initiatives of the company to achieve long term sustainable business growth. Leadership mandate and accountabilities include:-
- Provide strategy and leadership to drive continuous improvements in Sustainability
- The scope will extend to cover the critical areas of regulatory, branding, business, operations and communications aspects, including in the context of governance, investor relations and branding
- Work in conjunction with other business leaders in the divisions of Governance, Investor Relations, Corporate Communications and Human Resource to ensure alignment of all sustainability initiatives and ensuring adequate resources are allocated to ensure success of all sustainability mandates
- Ownership of sustainability reporting to fulfill regulatory reporting requirements and investor communications
- Ensure alignment and consistency to convey the values, sustainability emphasis and agenda to both internal stakeholders and also external parties
- Managing the ecosystem surrounding sustainability
The Successful Applicant
It is essential that the candidate we are looking for has the drive to succeed, and a strong career track record in Sustainability (compulsory) with a can-do attitude. Sustainability experts from various backgrounds (Corporate or External Advisory firms are encouraged to apply). To seize the opportunity you should have:
- University graduate major in a reputable university; post-graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in top advisory firms, local or multi-national companies with strong exposure in strategic role.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills with high degree of analytical rigor.
- Experience in project management, and the willingness to work independently.
- Good leadership skill and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, insightful and creative in developing appropriate solutions.
What's on Offer
- Employment stability in Essential services industry with a Global Conglomerate
- Potential to expand the specialist scope of Sustainability into a leadership role within overall Strategy