Head of Projects (Property/Construction)
Well-established Property Developer
Key position for the Project Department
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established listed Property Developer. With presence across Asia, they are ambitious in growing their presence and market share in the lucrative property scene in Malaysia. They currently looking for a Head of Projects to lead the projects department.
As the Head of Projects, you will be heading the Projects department and will be reporting directly to the Senior Leadership Team in the regional office. Amongst the many responsibilities are listed below:
- To lead Project implementation, design and monitoring of works and budget progress on site
- Monitor work progress, cost and implement at all policies, activities, procedures, instructions as relevant and required by the quality system
- Handle claims for Loss, Expense and variations
- Liaise with clients representative and consultants on daily operations of the project
- Implementation and monitoring of site stock control system
- Prepare Weekly and Monthly Progress Report.
- Identification of changes in the Conditions of Contract
- Monitor suppliers' and sub-contractors' performance and also control and verify suppliers' and/or nominated suppliers' products
- Identify all remedial works and outstanding works that are required to be carried out
- Ensure all inspection and test status are clearly defined
- To undertake any and all other duties and responsibilities as instructed
- Manage a team of several Project Managers and Construction Managers to ensure smooth operations
- Provide overall direction and management to the Project and Construction Managers
- Monitor risks/problems and helps develop options to resolve and contractual obligations
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Head of Projects must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Architecture, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Building Sciences
- At least 15+ years of property/construction project delivery work experience is required.
- Project management skills in all phases of design and construction works in a multi-disciplinary environment are vital.
- Broad technical knowledge and strong business acumen.
- Strong analytical, writing, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to manage large teams, organize and prioritize work.
- Only open to Malaysians
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefit package.
- Newly created postiion with a leading developer