Head of Procurement (Waste Management Industry)
Senior management role in a highly dynamic company.
Great opportunity to join a well-known organisation.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the biggest waste management player in the business. Boasting on their massive foot print in Malaysia, our client is a preferred waste management alternative in the country. Moving forward as a dynamic organization, they are currently looking for a Head of Procurement to partner in bringing their business to the next level. This amazing opportunity provides the successful candidate with strong development and good progression.
- Control the procurement and tendering processes and systems in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness as well as value in all transactions.
- Identify directions and strategies for contract management to ensure competitive and effective contracting programme, to support operational requirements in providing better service.
- Develop and improve supplier management with objective to develop a stable, capable and competitive supplier base to provide on time, competitive, quality goods and services in meeting costumers' requirement.
- Improve SLA in contracting to ensure suppliers' performance are continuously measured.
- Implement and improve of eProcurement and Supplier Relationship Management to improve transparency, increase competitiveness and responsiveness of the procurement processes.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedures that are responsive and enable good control in conducting procurement activities.
- Review evaluation of tenders and proposals in order to provide management with recommendations.
- Identify and manage companywide insurance and risks management programme to ensure reasonable protection is provided for the company.
- Identify, develop and implement various procurement projects that will provide continuous improvement in the procurement processes/ activities to enable better performance and support.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess a University/Advanced degree.
- At least 14 year's experience of senior supply management experience.
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, finance, HR, legal etc.
- At least 10 years of managerial position and leading a team.
- Confident with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and aggressive environment.
- Strong analytical skills, highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading company in Malaysia you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Attractive salary package (RM 18,000 to RM 30,000 depending on experience).
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a reputable organisation.