Head of Procurement - Based in Johor
Reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors with the best visibility.
Attractive package offered to the right candidate with many great benefits.
About Our Client
Our client is the tourism and hospitality industry where the business includes lodging, food and drink service, event planning, theme parks, transportation, cruise line, travelling etc. They have multiple brands under the group targeting different customers' needs and experience. Followed by their recent re-branding exercise, my client is expanding their business in Malaysia and hence they are looking for a Head of Procurement to lead and execute Malaysia's strategy.
- Develop and identify strategies for contract management to ensure good procurement practices.
- Ability to strategise, plan and direct the adoption and implementation of standards relating to procurement projects.
- Manage and set direction for the procurement and tendering processes and systems in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all value transactions to translate better value and services to customers.
- Formulate and implement key performance indicators for management staff to ensure correct and effective use of resources, skills and technologies.
- Implement strategic supplier programme with long term relationship and highly competitive rates with key suppliers and industry players for long term benefits.
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess a University/Advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of general Procurement experience particularly managing indirect services.
- At least 8 years of managerial position and leading a team.
- Expertise within the travel and tourism industry is an added advantage.
- Excellent ability in verbal and written English (Mandarin & Bahasa is an added advantage).
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with Excel.
- Strong leadership skills and possess strategic mindset.
- Team player who thrives on deadline-driven projects.
What's on Offer
- Reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors with the best visibility.
- Attractive package offered to the right candidate with many great benefits.