Head of IT Shared Services (Mandarin Speaker)
Opportunity to lead the IT tower of an emerging shared services
Attractive salary package (RM22000 to RM27000 depending on experience)
About Our Client
The company is the shared services arm of a world renowned Technology Services and Consulting firm and they are looking for an ambitious individual for the IT Tower Lead role who will be managing the people, process and technology in a shared service environment. This person is also responsible for driving process implementation and improvement, project management, cross-team collaboration, stakeholder management and functional leads supervision.
- Determine the IT Tower's approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedule.
- Develop and review estimates and estimating assumptions for the IT Tower's schedule, effort, and cost using established estimating models, best practices, and past experiences. The resulting estimates account for all activities in the SSC scope, including project management and application development tasks, software quality assurance reviews, and vendor and contract management activities.
- Perform tasks related to Project Management, Operations Management, Technical Management (server, storage, network, service desk, workplace, security, IT service) and Stakeholder Management
- Define team member roles and expectations, and ensure timely feedback. Ensure that the resources receive any necessary training and are used effectively.
- Manage provision of resources. Ensures that each SSC staff is adequately trained. Ensures that capacity plan and resource issues are properly addressed.
- Provide guidance and fosters career and professional development of personnel. Review, and be responsible for, the overall development and integration of requirements.
- Measure and monitor progress at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the SSC services are delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Authorize financial and SSC purchases documents.
- Define the IT Tower iterations strategy. Manage and evaluate iterations.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to speak, read and write effectively in Mandarin and English (both are must - interfacing Chinese speaking countries)
- More than 10 years of experience in IT operations or IT shared services environment
- Proven work experience in supervisory of 20 - 50 employees.
- Broad technical knowledge in data center technologies, including systems, server, network, storage and/or backup
- Proficient in continuous improvement activities, ability to drive continuous improvement activities throughout the organization.
- Certifications such as ITIL, PMP or other management/technical certs would be a plus.
- Strong customer interaction and stakeholder management skills.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to lead the IT tower of an emerging shared services
- Attractive salary package (RM22000 to RM27000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position