Head of HR
An exciting opportunity to work for a globally recognized brand
Pioneer role for leading and making an impact in their HR Shared Services
About Our Client
There's a sense of pride that comes from building brands that people love and making the most of themselves as a company and as individuals. In Malaysia, they have embarked on a new journey of growth, building on their most formidable assets: their globally recognized brands as well as their unrivaled distribution system and the strong commitment of their management and employees.
This is a place where you can make a positive mark on the world. Whether through their sustainability initiatives, human rights work or the ripple economic impact each person creates by simply doing their job well, there are endless opportunities to build shareholder value and make an impactful contribution to many communities. While they've started their journey, it's not just theirs, it can be yours as well.
Employee Experience (ER/IR), Employee Relation
- Identify, raise up, and plan creative ways to engage employees and build community events, wellness programs, employee recognition concepts, celebrations.
- Oversees, manages, and drives engagement in company programs for a great Employee Experience
- Develop highly synchronous relationships with key stakeholders on strategic initiatives related to employee experience
- Leverage technology and/or more automation wherever spot inefficiencies to better employee experience
- Act as a relationship-builder, always curious about people and what makes them excited to be part of the Company
- Ensure that our function leaders have the support and structure they need to effectively communicate across the company. Ability to challenge the traditional approach.
- Initiate and maintain HR help desk - (e.g E-ticket for grievance cases with SLA time, E-feedback for Positive & Negative comments or feedback for e-survey, E-policy, comment and complaint etc)
- The incumbent will be assisting the Human Resource Director and collaborate with the business unit in delivering appropriate and effective IR services within the organization
- Provides advisory services and ensuring compliance with employment/labour related legislation and best practices, assisting with the investigations, facilitation of the grievance process, participating in collective bargaining and monitoring the employee relationship.
- Represents the organization in various Union disputes (e.g., arbitrations, mediation, and other procedures).
- Demonstrate capability to assess potential problems and make sound judgements around issues from IR perspective.
- Hands-on practice in domestic inquiries and collective bargaining.
- Having a strong payroll knowledge and experience with up-to-date knowledge of both Malaysia and Singapore HR policies, employment regulations and legislation and best practices.
- Provide an effective and efficient service to HR colleagues and the business in HR systems and production of management information to aid organization design activities, HR information provision and HR service delivery.
- Lead the team on the delivery of HR System strategy to include process and quality management which includes 3rd Party Vendor Management.
- Contribute / Lead discussions on future systems strategy, evaluate existing systems/other products as necessary and make recommendations.
- Maintain core HR IT systems (SuccessFactors), specifically contributing to the development of and subsequent maintenance of HR hierarchies (e.g. reporting lines).
- Initiate system administration activities - e.g. system maintenance, system testing, system/data checks fault-finding and resolution, managing user access, vendor management, resolving ticket issues
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or any other related field with minimum 10 years experience as Head of Generalist/HR Operation Lead.
- Fluent in English & Bahasa Malaysia as required to maintain healthy relationship with stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Malaysian Labour Law including Employment Act 1955, Industrial Relations Act 1967, managing poor performance, misconduct in employment, employee grievances, formulating Industrial Relations policies and procedures, disciplinary inquiry, disciplinary action, conducting domestic inquiries, preliminary investigations and handling.
- Experience with SAP / SuccessFactors payroll system software is preferred
- Strong display of resilience may include everything from developing an optimistic orientation to manage personal energy, workload, team management to find the growth opportunity
- Ability to remain calm and productive during changing times, to seek out information where it is available, and to act on opportunities even when you don't have all the data to mitigate all risks.
- Rapid prototyping, where to try out an idea to see how it works and then modify it from there.
- Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop narratives and recommendations to the business; demonstrated ability to define and measure the success of HRSS function.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop, train, coach and consult the HRSS team members
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package (RM20,000 to RM28,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC