Head of Finance (Property, Based in Sabah)
Great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Property Firm in Malaysia
Develop your career in this company with good career prospect
About Our Client
Our client is one of the fastest growing property players in Malaysia, covering large amount of market share within the property market with a wealth of experience building townships across Malaysia. They are currently converting their huge land banks into projects. Moving forward as a dynamic organization, they believe in hiring the best talent to produce the best results. Due to the aggressive developing of the business as well as the increased in revenue of their business, they are looking for a Head of Finance to oversee 8 projects in Sabah. This is an amazing opportunity to join this organization with strong development and good progression in a newly created role.
As this role is essential to the organization, it is vital that candidate comes with a track record of delivery and proven experience. Among the many responsibilities are listed below:
- Oversee the day to day financial and accounting operations with particular focus on the company's financial reporting requirements
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting and variance analysis for client and corporate requirements
- Responsible to assist in driving planning cycles developing budget, forecasting & business plans.
- Drive post close analysis such as portfolio and P&L variance analysis to understand trends, risks and opportunities in the current market
- Ensure appropriate process and systems controls are in placed and maintained to guarantee the integrity of all transactions
- Oversee the Corporate Finance function such as M&A or IPO
- Responsible for developing suitable financial and operating procedures to improve the operational efficiency of the business unit
- Liaise with project managers to ensure all financial matters are covered
- Working closely with the Management team and business partners in different divisions/depts.
- Responsible to supervise and motivate the finance team
- Liaise with auditors / tax agents & Company Secretary whenever necessary
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Head of Finance will be confident in leading the department and be responsible for the growth of the company and must posses the below requirements;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree with a Professional Qualification (ACCA/CPA/ICAEW/MICPA)
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience (2 to 3 years in a professional accounting firm preferred)
- Preferably from a similar industry within the property sector
- Confident and good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and aggressive environment
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision and tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, highly motivated and results oriented.
What's on Offer
Being part of a leading company in Malaysia you will be offered a great package which includes:
- Attractive salary package (RM15,000 to RM25,000 depending on experience)
- Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious company
- Opportunity to be based in Sabah (Accomodation and Flight tickets provided)