Head of Compliance and Governance
Established Financial Institution Group with Regional Presence
Regional Leadership Role across Diverse Business Segments
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Financial Institution group with strong regional presence and a wide footprint of offices across the countries they serve. Adopting a combination of conservative growth strategy, innovative product structures and extensive distribution channels, they have expanded their business across the region to reach out to millions of customers, both in the corporate and consumer segments. With a strong balance sheet and customer brand loyalty, their products and service offerrings have enabled them to take market share and gain the trust of customers over the decades. In line with their growth trajectory, they also place increasing emphasis in building a robust Compliance and Governance function.
- Assuming leadership role in overseeing governance and compliance functions at regional level, including providing advisory and supervision to the respective Head of Business
- Establishing and maintaining constructive relationships with regulatory body and relevant institutions
- Strategise the development of training strategy, including supervising training content and providing directions to ensure training collaboration between the L&D department and other product Subject Matter Experts
- Advising the Group CEO, Board and senior management team on Governance, Compliance and Risk aspects where material
- Digitalisation and automation of operational processes to scale up in line with business growth and increasing regulatory requirements
- Managing compliance risks on a regional level as a control measure and ensuring replication (where applicable) across different countries and business lines
- Formulation, revision and ongoing monitoring of compliance policies, procedures and framework
- Maintaining and preserving repository of knowledge of organisation's compliance guidelines and documents.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate must have prior experience in leading a Compliance or Governance function of any regulated Financial Institution (including Risk Management leaders and professionals).
- The role is open to Deputy Head of Head of a sub-unit division of Compliance ready to step up to take leadership role in a well resourced organisation with robust governance infrastructure and a team already trained and developed
- Proven leader or manager with the ability to excel in execution in complex, grey and challenging situations
- Experience with senior level and business stakeholder management, including interfacing with regulators and enforcement authorities
- Demonstrated track record as a business partner, and success in striking balance between high growth business revenue and risk/compliance
What's on Offer
- Established conglomerate with diverse businesses (including Financial Services)
- Organisation with robust governance infrastructure
- Highly competitive compensation and overall benefits package