Group CFO - oil&gas company
Strategy and senior leadership role
International present and undergo massive growth plan
About Our Client
My client is a reputable listed Oil & Gas company that has established themselves as a leading player in the market. Due to their rapid growth and expansion they are now seeking for a Group Chief Financial Officer to have total oversight of their current finance function.
Reporting to the CEO the Group Chief Financial Officer has total oversight of the company's finance, tax and treasury related activities of the overall group. He will act as a strategic partner to the CEO and board in all its strategic initiatives across all their business global business segments. The Group CFO will be accountable for monitoring and appraising the Group's financial performance and maintain a strong internal control environment. The other core responsibilities include:
- As a business partner, to collaborate and assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company's long-term strategy
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team. Participate in assessment, deliberation and decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions in the region.
- Ensure timely and accurate performance of the group consolidation accounts
- To perform detailed review and analysis of group and entity level results that serve to support business/ operational and strategic decisions
- Oversee preparation and communication of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements of the Group, including reviewing of reporting packages from subgroups and reporting subsidiaries.
- Group CFO will be signing off on the annual report of the Group
- To handle investors relations and be involved and lead in investor briefings
- Oversee cash, investment, asset management and all treasury responsibilities such as such as liquidity, forex and interest rate risk management and covenants and statutory compliance
- To oversee business partnering of tax department with business units and other functions to deliver solutions that are tax efficient and at the same time meet their business objectives. This includes the review and provision of tax input on potential/new business cases, contracts, policies and guidelines
- To partner with Group Investment and Strategic Finance department and participate in due diligence work for M&A and fund-raising activities and other corporate finance initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 15-20 years of working experience in relevant field as CFO with international exposure.
- To possess certification of ACCA/CPA/ICAEW/ICAA/CIMA.
- Someone who has 6-8 years of Big 4 advisory portfolio before corporate will be preferred.
- Important the ideal candidate to have full accountability of the company's finance and capital management
- A progressive career with a proven track record in growing and expanding the business
- Relevant industry sector experience that is capital intensive is a must.
- Solid tax and treasury experience.
- Charismatic leader who can lead and inspire.
- Hands-on and operationally sound.
- Someone with strong values and ethics who is stable and grounded.
- Extremely strong communication skills to deal with a diverse multi-cultural team.
- Ability to articulate business strategies to key stakeholders of the business.
- Important the ideal candidate has the ability to influence and make sound decisions for the company.
- Open to a Non-Malaysian profile who is open to relocate to Kuala Lumpur.
What's on Offer
- Local Plus Package including ESOS provide
- Esteemed C'Level opportunity with international coverage
- Huge growth opportunities.