- Significant responsibility and opportunity to progress to next level
- Execellent Working Culture
About Our Client
Our Client is a global MNC established themselves as a dynamic industry leader, with one of the world's best-known and respectable brands within the industry. Their company value is to believe in people and their place in the world of work by continually evolve the concept of work for today and tomorrow.
At this juncture, they are looking for a GL Accountant who is able to add value to the team by ensuring the deliverable end to end accounting activities for respective region (within Asia).
Key characteristics of someone who will thrive in this role include strong technical financial acumen, excellent communication skills, a self-starter, possesses superb organization skill, detail oriented and ability to engage with stakeholders across all levels, both internal and external.
- In charge of the full spectrum of financial accounting and reporting function (including P&L, Fixed Asset accounting, Interco, Month-end close, Statutory Tax).
- Responsible for completing reporting package as per SLA.
- Handle month-end close activities independently from journal postings.
- Handle quarterly BS review process and identify all significant changes and investigate account with unusual balances.
- Prepare monthly schedule reconciliation for Balance Sheet accounts.
- Intercompany reconciliation of transactions and balances.
- Prepare GST report for review and filing quarterly
- Prepares statutory accounts and handles SOX audit, external audit and annual tax filing
- Oversees the APAC entity accounts and local statutory compliance
- Ensure efficient processes and controls are in place to verify the accuracy of information and minimize errors whilst also minimizing the time taken to complete month-end reporting.
- Perform the operational tasks per the control requirements under the ICS frame work.
- Assist our external/internal auditors during the year end process to review and lodge reported results and associated accounting treatment. Support and resolve any GL related audit topics
- Prepare relevant tax (Corporate Income tax, VAT etc.) returns and assist external tax advisors to review and lodge. Perform group Tax LE and other related tasks as required.
- Identifying, leading and continuously driving process and operational improvement projects
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or MBA and preferably a member of any professional accounting body ( ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA/MIA )
- Minimum6 years of relevant working experience within finance function.
- Excellent knowledge of Finance processes and policies and full ability of applying these in daily operations
- Willing to adapt to changes, with positive mind-set
- Familiarity with ERP (SAP preferably) and Reporting (LongView, Hyperion) platforms
- Process improvement and/or Six Sigma experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to develop good relationships with various levels of personnel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Independent forward thinker on process improvement.
- Works well under pressure.
What's on Offer
Why you need to join us!
- Competitive pay.
- Significant responsibility and opportunity to learn/grow in different aspects of the business.
- Work with the smartest and most passionate individuals