Updated on 28/08/2020
- An opportunity to develop your credibility in a well-known global MNC
- Be the key arm for the finance division towards the business team
About Our Client
Are you a finance professional who is seeking for a rewarding career in a global MNC, with fun office work-space, excellent working environment, open culture, and yet still have work life balance?
Come and join a Shared Services who is embarking on the next journey of transformation with opportunities for learning. Recognised for their objective to provide a great work culture based on respect & trust, it's a great organisation that supports and encourages career growth and excellence.
In accordance with the company's plans to further expand their business in the region, they are looking for proven, business minded accounting & finance professionals to apply to the role of GL Accountant.
- Prepare monthly journals, month-end Actual closing on a timely basis according to Corporate required time-line
- Ensure the General Ledger and Reporting function is in compliance with all local statutory and reporting.
- Overseeing sub-ledger of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Inventory control account
- Responsible for Intercompany transactions, Fixed Asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, inventory reconciliation and Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Provide Management with timely, accurate and complete financial information and provide to the relevant authorities correct information supported by valid data.
- Perform detailed analysis on all significant balance sheet variances on a monthly basis as well as submit consolidated Balance Sheet for local region.
- Provide meaningful commentary to enable Management to take prompt action to capitalised opportunities or corrective measures to minimised the Company's balance sheet exposure.
- Ensure the year end reporting package is conforms to all legal taxation, and other government requirements and that adequate documentation is maintained in respect of compliance
- Liaise with Company Auditor to ensure the annual audit is completed, and Statutory Accounts prepared on a timely basis
- Ensure SOX compliant and internal control in place on respective areas per Company policies, procedures and accounting standard.
- Ensure the maintenance of SAP in a structured manner to meet local statutory, regional and global reporting requirements.
- Participation in the implementation of process improvement initiatives and other adhoc activities identified by Management
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Accountant will be confident in leading a business financially. You will be responsible for the growth of the company and meet the following criteria
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree or MBA and preferably a member of any professional accounting body ( ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA/MIA )
- At least 5 years of working experience in Finance & Accounting positions in a sizeable multinational corporations or listed companies
- Exposure to broad business issues and demonstrated analytical capability
- Willing to adapt to changes, resilent and come with positive mind-set
- A confident personality with strong communication & stakeholder management skillset
- Ability to work with people at all levels within the organisation
- Familiarity with ERP (SAP preferably) and Reporting (LongView, Hyperion) platforms
What's on Offer
* Attractive salary package (RM5,000 to RM8,000 depending on experience)
* Opportunity to step into a more progressive position in a prestigious global MNC