General Manager - Medical Devices (Cardiovascular Portfolio)
Enjoy an innovative environment where challenge & excitement is part of the role
Great career aspects and working environment
About Our Client
Our client is one of the local listed companies and they are venturing into healthcare and life sciences industry.
- Responsible to establish Malaysia Commercial Entity, hire and train high performing teams and field force in line with country strategy and growth aspiration of the company
- Responsible for Malaysia P&L, develops annual sales and operational plans/budgets in support of organizational strategy and objectives and potentially looking after distribution channels across APAC region.
- Manages direct commercial operations and supports in-market collaborations with a focus on taking the business to the most inspiring leader position
- Represent the business in key industry and government forums and be the face of the company in front of Key opinion leaders, Doctors and various stakeholders
- Ensure profitable business operations and be responsible for day-to-day workings of the commercial entity including managing vendors and third-party service providers
- Identify key market drivers and trends and create actionable insights to steer the entity forward towards profitable growth
- Builds and leverages strong direct relationships with key customers. Participates with team in customer interactions at strategic and 'high value' accounts to ensure that customer expectations and performance objectives are being met/exceeded.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in senior-level Sales & Marketing and/or General Manager positions in the medical device industry (preferably cardiovascular) with focus dealing with C-level executives
- Be an astute sales leader with demonstrated success in market entry, product launch and business turn-around during his/her professional stint, experience in managing APAC region would be highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of APAC markets and the healthcare systems is a must
- Having experience of handling entire business unit operations considered a big plus
- Must have been trained-on or spent time handling product management or marketing functions in previous roles
- Demonstrated scientific selling skills critical for success in this role
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to make sound decisions while coordinating multiple projects, programs, variables, and priorities
- Strong communication skills up, down, and across an organization
- Proven transformational leadership and execution experience
- A track record for working well in a team setting while in a fast-moving and dynamic matrix work environment
What's on Offer
- Enjoy an innovative environment where challenge & excitement is part of the role
- Great career aspects and working environment
- Competitive remuneration package