General Manager - Malaysia
Enjoy an innovative environment where challenge & excitement is part of the role
Great career aspects and working environment
About Our Client
Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of filters and components for applications in the Healthcare, Life Sciences, Automotive, Appliance, Safety, and Commercial & Industrial industry.
- Define a sustainable business plan for Malaysia coherently with company portfolio and the specific market conditions.
- Enter, develop and manage the business for Malaysia, from the phase of product registration until the distribution in the across relevant channels
- Guarantee the assigned targets in term of market penetration, sales and investment in the assigned industry and channels.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and clear business communication strategy
- Responsible for overall sales performance to meet annual budget and financial forecast requirements as well as P&L management.
- Manage and execute sales & marketing approach, customer mix and volume mix to optimize profitability and fulfil overall relevant Business Unit goals
- Ensure long term price strategy and securing agreed pricing level aligned to strategic and local pricing levels, which contributes to sustainable profitability.
- Build and maintain strong relationship and collaboration within sales and related functional such as Marketing, Logistics, Product, Operations, Service and Innovation
- Contribute in the definition of the Group's international development strategies.
The Successful Applicant
- Have minimum 15 years' experience in commercial sales roles and strong P&L management experience
- The knowledge of B2B healthcare or life sciences industries is strongly recommended, alternatively the knowledge of the automotive, safety, chemical B2B industries will be also much appreciated.
- Be an astute sales leader with demonstrated success in market entry, product launch and business turn-around during his/her professional stint
- Having experience of handling entire business unit operations considered a big plus
- Must have been trained-on or spent time handling product management or marketing functions in previous roles
- Should have worked in the Malaysia healthcare market and previous working with Governments would be an added advantage
- Fluency in Malay and English desirable
What's on Offer
- Enjoy an innovative environment where challenge & excitement is part of the role
- Great career aspects and working environment
- Competitive remuneration package