General Manager (Emerging Markets)
An exciting regional role with huge opportunity for growth impact
Shape a strong brand with lots of growth potential
About Our Client
Our client is a leading lifestyle and performance footwear company that has an established network of sportswear chains across 14 different countries within the Asia region. They have strong vision to become the leading brand in the market and is now looking for a highly skilled and an ambitious General Manager to expand their emerging markets footprint.
The General Manager will be responsible for penetrating into emerging markets in Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Brunei. He or she will advance this organisation to a new level of excellence and achievement in the provision of high quality retail services and growth. Reporting directly to the President the General Manager will be developing new market penetration strategies and take it through to execution to achieve the top line growth. The other key responsibilities includes:
- Overall in-charge of all sales activities, departments and personnel involved in the region.
- Analyse sales statistics to determine business growth potential.
- Develop and implement an effective strategic business plan.
- Establishes performance goals for all sales departments and department heads, and monitors performance on a continually basis.
- Directs department(s) to achieve objectives established in the Company's Strategic Plan.
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with key customer account of the region and the Company.
- Seeks out & targets new customers and new sales opportunities, initiates action plan to approach and secure new businesses.
- Monitor, analyse sales and market trends (including competitors analysis).
The Successful Applicant
The General Manager should be a strategic leader who has managed diverse teams before. Someone who is driven to work within a demanding, competitive yet rewarding industry. The ideal candidate will have the ability to grow targeted sales and top line profits. Other key expectations includes.
- Minimum Degree majoring in Marketing and/or Management.
- Extensive knowledge in the retail industry especially in shoes and other consumer goods.
- Track record in developing countries across South East Asia
- Emerging markets experience in Cambodia, Myanmar, Brunei and Laos will be an added advantage
- Abundant experience in running and managing sales team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Eight-year experience or above in Retail business management selling shoes or apparel
- Good office software knowledge.
What's on Offer
- An exciting regional role with huge opportunity for growth impact
- Shape a strong brand with lots of growth potential
- Competitive remuneration package with sales earning potential