General Manager Asia (Engineering Products)
Leadership role for SEA and India
Fortune 500 Company
About Our Client
Our client is a renowned Fortune 500 organization globally focusing in Engineering Products and Solutions. In light of their recent expansion plan, they are in the look for a General Manager to oversee their business in the region.
Reporting to the Asia Senior MD (based in China), the General Manager will be based in their office at Subang Jaya, Malaysia. The GM will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:-
- Determine long-term strategic objectives of the business in Malaysia and Asia in conjunction with the Senior GM of APAC.
Ensure business growth through directing and managing business operations activities to ensure these are
delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
- Plan, direct and manage the performance of the company's operations, as dictated by the overall strategy agreed by the HQ so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the agreed business strategy.
Develops, reviews, and reports on the operations division's strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives
are well understood and executed by the heads of department
- Liaise with relevant stakeholder to ensure the company's manufacturing operations are in line with both local and HQ KPIs and strategic developments
- Plan, develops and implements KPIs for the local Malaysian business
Management of the overall Operations function including Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing, Quality,
Engineering, Technical Support, Customer Service, After-sales Service, Administration, Finacen, HR and Facility
- Manages the Malaysia's manufacturing facility and ensures the shared facility concept is established to service other countries needs.
Maintains and develops organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff,
customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
Implement effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and retention
strategies for all functions in consultation with HR
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree and above, MBA is highly preferred
- Minimum of 15 - 18 years of experience in operations of various/multiple functions with a minimum of five years which must be in a senior management role, as head of overall business/Country Manager/Managing Director/General Manager
- More than 10 years of experience in the heavy industry (Engineering products/Services or Heavy Manufacturing)
- Strong experience in handling P & L responsibilities successfully across ALL functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Mandarin or Cantonese
- Professional diplomatic skills in dealing with a wide range of customers, employees, vendors and distributors from a worldwide and diversified viewpoint.
- MAlaysian candidates only
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration package along with excellent company benefits