Updated on 07/06/2022
- Great career progression in a growing company and multiple future avenues
- Employee Autonomy
About Our Client
Our client is a listed technology group with locations around the region. They are one of the most diversified companies in Malaysia, they embrace their amazing and positive working culture and embody the new working culture focusing on mental health and the well-being of their employees.
- Act as a reviewerand to-go person for GL related matters
- Manage the team for the month end close to ensure the deadlines & deliverables as agreed in the SLAs are completed on time.
- Review Financial Accounting reports and reconciliation, provide variance anlaysis and highlight relevant issues to the management.
- Drive development & changes in systems and process improvement initiatives and implement new KPIs from the process change. This includes reviewing updated process documentation.
- Backup and guide subordinates on relevant task such as Interco, Fixed Asset Accounting & reporting, reconciliation, month end closing activities and etc.
- Review the KPI metrics related to the function and provide commentaries & root cause analysis where required for further discussion with the Process Lead.
- Take the lead in issue resolution on BAU operational matters.
- Ensure month end closing and reporting activities are performed accurately and timely by the team including preparing and analysing BS reconciliation reports within specified timescales.
- Approve manual journals at month end with relevant supporting documents
- Stay updated on corporate accounting policies and support in the implementation of new policies or changes
- Ensure compliance with required external and internal controls and support external and internal audits
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 6 years in related R2R Functions and 2 years in management position
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with professional qualifications will be an added advantage e.g.ACCA/CPA/MIA
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience in a shared services environment preferred
- Able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment and adapt as needed
- Great team player with strong communication skill to collaborate across various departments and level
- Familiar with SAP/Business Warehouse
What's on Offer
- One of the largest tech companies in SEA
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Excellent remuneration and benefits