General Ledger - Manager (RTR)
Opportunity to be part of a pioneer team for a new set up.
Valuable task migration experience to be gained.
About Our Client
Stanley Black & Decker is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures industrial tools and household hardware. This American MNC is well known for their excellent company culture, supporting their employees' needs through career development, training opportunities and global operations exposure. Stanley Black & Decker is a dynamic, innovative, and rapidly expanding company which has grown consistently. After a strong 2016, they are looking to further build on this in 2017.
Within a newly setup Shared Services Centre supporting the APAC Region, Stanley Black & Decker are currently seeking talented candidates to be part of the pioneer team. This is an opportunity to contribute to the culture of a SSC, ensuring all accounting activities are performed in accordance with group policy and best practices. If you are an experienced finance shared services candidate looking for a highly exciting challenge in transition activities, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Stanley Black and Decker are looking for accounting professionals for their Record to Report team. Being up to the challenge of being part of a pioneer team, being a strong cultural fit and remaining committed to growing an entity from the ground up will be key to your success.
Reporting directly to the center director and focuses on the following key areas within Record to Report (RTR):
- Developing and securing implementation of efficient accounting procedures for ANZ market
- Supervise the financial accounting processes, review book closing processes and ensure timely reporting for general accounting matters
- Ensure services performed within the agreed service levels, measure and follow up the quality and efficiency of global processes
- Operate an effective control environment / reviews to ensure the quality of service delivery. Including timely completion of account reconciliations and resolution of issues identified.
- Provide support as required for internal and external audit.
- Support M&A activities, perform due diligence and integrate acquisitions.
- Responsible for adherence to Company policies and procedures, including SOX
- Develop an understanding of the local business operations and build relationships with local leadership (finance and business) to identify risks and business partnership opportunities in order to enhance the quality of service delivered
- Identify areas for improvement, lead improvement initiatives and process development in areas of responsibilities.
- Responsible for employee development to ensure that individual and organisational targets are met. Develop the team and build a robust succession plan.
The Successful Applicant
This exciting opportunity is suitable for proactive talents and has met the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting and equivalent qualification. An Australian CPA qualification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience, with at least 3 years direct leadership experience
- SAP experience is a MUST, candidates with SAP implementation/upgrade experience are highly encourage to apply.
- Solid leadership skill with track record in people development
- Fluent in English, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- SSC experience is a MUST, experience working for US or ANZ market is an added advantage.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration package (up to RM180,000 fixed annual remuneration package)
- Opportunity to be part of a pioneer finance shared services team and be integral in building the culture.
- Valuable task migration experience to be gained.